Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2016, 04:39 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 12 Error -6101.. Please help! :)

I am in contact right now with customer care - started a case today. The 6101 error has totally taken over my computer when I work with video. As you might have seen on the Forum lots of people have this issue. I hope support will come up with something - if not - I have to quit ProTools.....I can't have customers waiting for an update.
Old 09-05-2016, 06:48 PM

Okay, so...... I have some news...

First of all, I would like to thank everyone on this small thread. You guys gave me enough motivation to re-work my entire system and see if I could figure this thing out.

Now, for the conclusion:

I completely wiped my computer (including a reset on PRAM) and installed one DAW at a time, restarting my MacBook Pro after each installation. I then opened Pro Tools (each time) to see if it was working okay, or if it pushed out the dreaded -6101 error once more. What I found was weird, but nevertheless, was a working solution (at least for me)...

First, I have to mention that I could not get it to work with El Capitan and had to revert back to Yosemite. At this point, I have no problem running Pro Tools 12.5.2 with the Xpand2 plugin, as well as all of the plugins that are included in the initial install. I have not tried to install much else, as I'm very scared that this may give me issues again, but I no longer have the error popping up every time I try to run a session with many plugins (even the Xpand2 instrument tracks that I was initially having issues with).

One other thing I will mention: the error did pop up ONCE, after I ran the looped playback of about 10 instrument tracks (with plugins), but only after a couple of hours of continuous playback (literally). I simply wanted to see if I could glitch the system if I ran it non-stop...I did, but again, only after of hours of non-stop playback... My current setup is running Pro Tools aggregate I/O, 256 samples, and 4GB cache...just to be clear for all others who are having the same issue.

If there is anything else anyone would like to know or have me post, please let me know and I will try and give out as much info. as I can for others who are having this issue. I will periodically check on this thread just in case, but please feel free to also e-mail me direct (or send me a Skype message.. ).

Again, thank you ALL for hopping on and chiming in. I really appreciate it and hope that one day I can reciprocate... :)

Nik
Old 09-05-2016, 06:51 PM

I totally forgot to insert my e-mail in the last post...lol...e-mail below if anyone has a question that they would like to keep out of this thread. I am brand new to this sort of thing so I hope that this is not inappropriate. :)

[email protected]

Nik
Old 09-06-2016, 12:39 PM

Nik, I would suggest you use a format like name @ address dot com so Bots don't find your email address and Spam you continuously.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 09-18-2016, 05:13 PM

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=384236
Old 09-19-2016, 03:18 PM

I sometimes get this error message and think it's to do with Eucon which I've been trying out with the iPad app. I've now stopped using it and disabled the eucon thing from loading at startup. This seems to have got rid of the error for me.