Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Win)

Old 02-08-2011, 05:17 AM

Default Re: static in play back (with computer specs)

I think you can still use your "vocal studio" with another DAW without spending extra money:

-Zynewave Podium Free (very good but no multicore support)
-Reaper (great but only free for 30 days...however the non commercial license is cheap)
-Mulab Free (good and simple but only 4 tracks IIRC)

I guess Pro tools is made for the pros or for the people who can afford a "top" machine and an expensive support service

IMHO it is a shame for Avid to bundle a product that doesn't work ok and then they don't care for an update to solve this pro tools bug!!! It's a Protools bug...just look for the white noise issue in the forums and you'll see a lot of pro users with pro tools LE and M-Powered having exactly the same issue than we (solved by an 8.0.4 update). The point is that we, "poor" costumers with a free protools version for "begginners", don't have any update in order to solve this issue...and that sucks!

BTW, I'm not a begginner in music production...i've just bought the Fast Track MKII for my mobile songwriting and i was willing to give Pro tools a try.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:11 AM
Avid

A small number of users are experiencing this issue. We have been gathering systems information and our engineers are looking into it. This may take some time depending on the source of the problem, but more information will be posted on the forum as it becomes available.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:45 AM

Thanks Tim.
I hope Avid won't forget the Pro tools Essential users (there's almost no avid moderators activity in Essential forum).
Old 02-10-2011, 04:53 AM

Thanks Tim.
I hope Avid won't forget the Pro tools Essential users (there's almost no avid moderators activity in Essential forum).

I already posted there my system specifications but i'll do it one more time:

Acer Aspire 4310 Laptop
Celeron M530 processor (1.73Ghz, 533Mhz FSB, 1MB L2 Cache)
2GB DDR2
80GB Sata HDD 5400rpm
Intel 950 GMA 224 MB Shared memory
M-Audio Fast Track mkII

P.S.: It's an outdated and very (very) modest setup but it works GREAT with Cubase 4 LE and Presonus S1 at low latency asio recording (128 samples ; 10,6 ms total roundtrip latency)
Old 02-15-2011, 02:28 PM

Hi Tim

I've recently bought a MobilePre MKII (PT SE 8.0.3) and am also experiencing this exact same issue.

I've gone through all the Avid optimizations but the static keeps bursting...
It's reaaaally annoying... Once it starts it just keeps building up, stronger and stronger, from soft crackles and pops to full white noise.

Sometimes if I revert to my last save the session will keep static-free for a while, but eventually it kicks back in...

Everything else seems ok. And the resources are all pretty low, these are simple, lean sessions.

New update coming up?

thx