Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2018, 09:42 AM

Default Instrument Panel Missing In Mix Window

I've enabled "Instrument" in the mix window, but it shows up blank. Also, the virtual instrument is not responding to my Novation USB keyboard (which may be related). The Novation is enabled as a MID input, and also I tested it in MainStage, so I know that it's set up correctly. I've attached a screen shot. Let me know what I can do to remedy the situation. Thanks, Joe
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PT Mix Window.jpg (12.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-25-2018, 10:08 AM

Default Instrument Panel Missing In Mix Window

By "enabled instrument", you mean inserted the MiniGrand VI? But your screenshot shows you fid that on an audio, not an instrument track.

You will not make effective progress randomly trying stuff. You should start by finding a tutorial showing how to use instruments in Pro Tools. YouTube has lots of them. The Pro Tools Reference Guide has clear explanations about track types.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk