How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2017, 07:32 PM

Default Re: New Skin for Pro Tools :D

I love PT's GUI the way it is.

I have no idea why most other DAWs insist on the dark color schemes.
Old 10-25-2017, 08:34 PM

Default New Skin for Pro Tools 😀

If you don’t like it as is please go use Logic Pro.... and its dark and whatever UI... and leave Pro Tools TFA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-25-2017, 08:55 PM

Default Re: New Skin for Pro Tools 😀

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
If you don’t like it as is please go use Logic Pro.... and its dark and whatever UI... and leave Pro Tools TFA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pretty Harsh but a Huge +1 on that anyway

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 10-26-2017, 03:20 AM

People are afraid of change, its human, but the point is I am on about choice
Old 10-26-2017, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by risey View Post
People are afraid of change, its human, but the point is I am on about choice
The posters here are not afraid of change but change for change's sake doesn't do anyone any good. Or to put another look at it - PT is a finicky enough program - do you really want to compromise it with a changeable gui? Consider that Avid has enough issues getting the core program to work as it should is what I'm saying.

Darryl had it right; and to add to that is what I wrote earlier - there's always Digital Performer. Less expensive than PT, no yearly tax (aka free updates for all), one version that does everything, excellent functionality for scoring to picture, free support that lets you talk to a real human and a biggie: No DONGLE

QAPLA!
Old 10-26-2017, 04:16 AM

Some people are influenced by their surroundings, the influence can be a creative one or a mindset one. Having choice in 2017 is a good thing, for example being able to create a perfect environment to work in. For one person a dull grey GUI is perfect for another a futuristic glossy black might get their creative juices running.

As humans we all are different, we create the perfect environment to live in that makes us happy, this choice should extend into the digital realm, we love to personalize things we own and up to an extent many software allows us to do that, but some software needs to catch up, its not an IF its a WHEN.

Although my post was intended to be fun in nature, one day as other software become on par with each other the users choice will be down to GUI and at the end of the day that translates to what looks awesome and makes you feel awesome to work with.....
Old 10-26-2017, 06:41 AM

Pro tools has the best gui period. so easy on the eyes.. nothing comes close, not even ones you can skin.. you see it's not just about colours, but layout..

I actually can't believe I am reading a topic complaining about pro tool's looks LOL!
Old 10-26-2017, 07:08 AM

Each Horse To Its Own Stable
Each Buddha To His Own Temple
And....
EACH MASTER TO HIS OWN TECHNIQUE lol hahahhahahah
Old 10-26-2017, 07:15 AM

As a Logic user also, I'd have to agree that PT's GUI is hands down the best out there, (& one of the last remaining 'pro' looking interfaces). I'd also hate to see Avid jumping on the 'flat' graphics bandwagon (like Logic, DP & Cubase have)...

One of PT's strengths has always been it's familiarity - why mess with alternate looks which can only confuse. Plenty of other options out there isf that's what floats your boat
Old 10-26-2017, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by risey View Post
I have been staring at this depressing grey since Pro Tools 7 (lol), is it now not time that they make it skinable or something, maybe a nice light black or something, just something.... for the love of rainbows lol
On Mac
Control+Option+Command+8