Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 05-12-2020, 07:30 PM

Default Refund

I bought PT a few weeks ago, and was initially sent sibelius instead.

I have contacted support (through Avid's convoluted process) and was told over a week ago that my refund request would be handed to another department.

Naturally, Avid support hasn't followed through

Is there anyone from Avid support here? How Avid can be so lazy with long time customers in terms of support amazes me, and alot of other pro tools fans.
Old 05-13-2020, 05:44 PM

Default Re: Refund

Anyone? Anyone from Avid actually trained to deliver legit customer service?
Old 05-14-2020, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Anyone? Anyone from Avid actually trained to deliver legit customer service?
This is a USER forum and not a Avid support forum so your best bet is to use the ASC ticket system as we cant do anything from here. Avid isn’t the only company downsized right now due to restrictions of Covid-19 so everything is taking longer since the Avid employees cant go to work as usual. I am sure they are doing their best to go thru the tickets in order and you will get this sorted when it is your turn. If not then PM me and I will do what I can for you.

While waiting you could download the fully functioning no restrictions 30 day PT Ultimate trial and use that so you can get up and runnig straight away. That license opens both HD and non HD PT versions. Hope that helps some atleast

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 05-14-2020, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
This is a USER forum and not a Avid support forum so your best bet is to use the ASC ticket system as we cant do anything from here. Avid isn’t the only company downsized right now due to restrictions of Covid-19 so everything is taking longer since the Avid employees cant go to work as usual. I am sure they are doing their best to go thru the tickets in order and you will get this sorted when it is your turn. If not then PM me and I will do what I can for you.

While waiting you could download the fully functioning no restrictions 30 day PT Ultimate trial and use that so you can get up and runnig straight away. That license opens both HD and non HD PT versions. Hope that helps some atleast
Thanks Christopher,

Yeah I'm aware that this is a user forum, but the website is terrible for support. I'm not having a go at the personal, and I am aware that providing support is difficult during this pandemic for all companies. But support has always been an issue with Avid.
That said, there is obviously a serious issue with leadership at Avid. Support should not be this difficult, especially given the revenue Avid earns, and the loyalty that customers have shown. There is no incentive to buy at Avid.
As soon as a company can pop up with a program that provides as-good editing functionality, why would anyone want to stay with Avid, when Avid show no interest in customer relations?

On the site, there is a "need help". But when you open it, it says "take your question to the community". That's not cool. I understand if Avid can't provide chat, although that is weird in itself. But having a "need help?" tab that goes to community instead of definite help? Things like that. I'm all for community help, but sometimes you need direct help that you know will work
Old 05-14-2020, 07:32 PM

Quote:

Thanks for offering to help.

I have tried to dm you, but i recieved a message saying I have to turn DM on - I can't see a way to do this in my account.
Old 05-15-2020, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Thanks for offering to help.

I have tried to dm you, but i recieved a message saying I have to turn DM on - I can't see a way to do this in my account.
Hey Brother

I will escalate this now and please let us know when you are taken care of as I will keep an eye out for this to be resolved quickly.

Hang tight and Thanks for understanding. It should not be this hard I agree 100% with you there for sure. Will do Everything I can to help you.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 05-15-2020, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Hey Brother

I will escalate this now and please let us know when you are taken care of as I will keep an eye out for this to be resolved quickly.

Hang tight and Thanks for understanding. It should not be this hard I agree 100% with you there for sure. Will do Everything I can to help you.
Legend, thanks, I really appreciate it.

I received an email yesterday that they were looking at it. Will let you know when i know
Old 05-16-2020, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Legend, thanks, I really appreciate it.

I received an email yesterday that they were looking at it. Will let you know when i know
Good News! Thanks and it will be sorted asap!

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————