Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Win)

Old 06-23-2019, 12:22 PM

Default Digi 003 / cubase 10 compatibility

I'm hoping someone has a solution to my problem. I recently picked up a digidesign digi003 pretty cheap to try solve an outboard routing problem I had. The seller assured me that it would work with cubase 10 (I'm a sucker) but I've not managed to get it working properly yet.

I'm running cubase 10 with windows 10 and have an avid approved FireWire card.

This is what I've tried so far....

When using the latest 003 driver that is apparently is compatible with Windows 10, I get stuttered play back, clicks pops and only selected tracks being audible. This is the best I've had with getting it working.

I've tried using it through asio4all, it recognises it but does not play back audio.

I've tried using the V8 generic standalone asio avid driver for non protools systems. Cubase recognises the driver but says it can't find the can't find the 003 hardware when the driver is selectes. The v7 generic driver is not recognised by cubase.

I've played with buffer settings which make no difference and my pc is usually fine with a lot of loading anyway.

The 003 is definitely not the windows default playback device.

I am using the TI FireWire port driver.

When using the latest 003 driver, I've opened a few different projects and it seems the i don't have the same issue of clicks and clipping with my mastering projects that only contain a few audio files and a few plugins on the master bus, not sure what this might suggest.. like I say cpu has never been an issue. Midi issue maybe?

I'm hoping that it's not just simply incompatible and there is a solution to this. I realise that it is designed to work with protools, but the research I did beforehand backed up the sellers opinion that there will be a way to make it work. I'm hoping I've just not found the way yet

Thanks in advance
Old 06-23-2019, 02:43 PM

Default Re: Digi 003 / cubase 10 compatibility

I agree that it SHOULD work, but.....

It might help if you could verify that the 003 is fully functional. If you have an iLok, maybe do the 30-day trial of Pro Tools to check? Beyond that, my feeling(just 1 opinion here), using DIGI/Avid hardware with Pro Tools makes tons of sense. Using it with other DAW's...not so much

Does the 003 show up in Device Manager>Sound, video and game controllers? If not, then its not going to work until it does appear there(I suspect it does because you did get bad audio. What exactly is "V8 generic standalone asio avid driver" and where did you get it? If V8 refers to Pro Tools 8, that may be the issue(more details on the computer, please)

ASIO4ALL is sort of a "last-ditch" option when all else fails(and in this case, ASIO4ALL failed too) so do uninstall it(on my 003/Windows rig back in the PT10 era, it actually hosed all my audio until I removed it)

Is this the 003 controller or 003 Rack? The controller might not work at all as a surface as I don't think it will emulate MCU or HUI

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 06-23-2019, 03:10 PM

Default Re: Digi 003 / cubase 10 compatibility

Thanks.

It's the digi003 rack. I can confirm that it works, I've used it to calibrate some outboard gear using just a test tone, and had no problems with routing or the popping clicking issues. It's only with any project much larger, that this issue occurs, and only selected tracks play, with other cutting in and out.

The stand alone driver is this one...http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...nload/en355067

It is selectable in the device > sounds menu and works with no issues when selected for general pc sounds. I'll get full pc specs to you later on.