Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2019, 09:53 AM

Default Re: "through Headphones" effect

Yes but is the character is using a mic key in an emergency to key morse... then sure it's possible. But if it is supposed to be a deliberate setup to send morse code, then the scene is an absolute fail as Jack says. I had assumed the earlier, but if the later then the director needs that feedback/you may want to run away from the job.

(KGY6JB...lapsed)
Old 05-17-2019, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Yes but is the character is using a mic key in an emergency to key morse... then sure it's possible. But if it is supposed to be a deliberate setup to send morse code, then the scene is an absolute fail as Jack says. I had assumed the earlier, but if the later then the director needs that feedback/you may want to run away from the job.

(KGY6JB...lapsed)
Granted. I suck as a Director, but when I do, I would have gone for the correct device. It's a re-foley of a movie scene that's already released to put something on my Demo-Reel (with an appropriate tag explaining what I'm doing and who did the original film Foley and Audio Mix as suggested by my professor. (But then again, he could have meant it as a private reel for him)) I got it initial foley sounding like it would if he did you that device for quick down and ups for (.) and long hold downs for (-). But he puts on headphones so I'm lost on how make it sound like it's coming through his headphones.

HOWEVER! If doing a Re-Foley of a movie scene is a big NO NO for having a demo reel, I'd like to know that now before I go and post it and get black listed.
Old 05-17-2019, 02:55 PM

Quote:

(KGY6JB...lapsed)
Sounds like a CB call sign; my old one was KNR3932

QAPLA!
Old 05-17-2019, 03:01 PM

I can't even type it correctly KG6YJB.
Old 05-17-2019, 06:36 PM

Quote:
I can't even type it correctly KG6YJB.

Just tried a CW qso on 6 mtrs using my mic's PTT switch and it was a disaster. Couldn't even get 5 wpm (words per minute) cleanly. Wasted a good band opening into Canada. Using a small horizontal loop at 15 feet above ground in the city.

QAPLA!
Old 05-19-2019, 08:37 AM

Audioease Speakerphone

----------------------------------------
Mac Studio / Ventura, PT 2023.12.HDX, Avid HD I/Os and Metric Halo ULN8, 3xS1/Dock
Also running a Mac Studio Ultra / Ventura / HDX / MTRX / S6