Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2016, 03:11 PM

Default Q:What I will lose if don't renew the annual Upgrade and Support Plan?

Hi All,
I'm an HD native user, I own PT12 License and my annual Plan going to end in November.
I don't care about the value plugins and I don't care about PT13 when it's come out.
I don't plan to renew BUT I need to know in case if I didn't renew, can I still get PT12 updates?

I have done my math and I know the 400$ I paid last year and the upgrade since PT11 is waste of $$...

Regards,
AK
Old 10-19-2016, 04:09 PM

Default Re: Q:What I will lose if don't renew the annual Upgrade and Support Plan?

You will end up with a perpetual license and not get any updates or upgrades or free support from the day you drop out of the plan.

You will have to pay $999 later when and if you wanna get updates and get on a new one year plan again.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 10-19-2016, 06:26 PM

Default Re: Q:What I will lose if don't renew the annual Upgrade and Support Plan?

Christopher, honest question - do you feel that the updates this past year were worthwhile?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am the main songwriter/performer for Midwest Whitetail, Cabela's Deer Nation, Spring Thunder, and Northern Waters Series!
Old 10-19-2016, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jryser View Post
Christopher, honest question - do you feel that the updates this past year were worthwhile?

Lets just say we are still on 12.4 and won't go over that until PT12 works as it should

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 10-20-2016, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Lets just say we are still on 12.4 and won't go over that until PT12 works as it should

Got it. I can't seem to leave Mavericks or 11.3, and everything is PERFECT there, even video, midi, etc. I have both computers exactly the same and a clone of each. I hope they last as long as I record! I figure I will live another 20 years tops.

I am the main songwriter/performer for Midwest Whitetail, Cabela's Deer Nation, Spring Thunder, and Northern Waters Series!
Old 10-20-2016, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jryser View Post
I hope they last as long as I record! I figure I will live another 20 years tops.

For the record, commit and freeze are very nice....I updated just to protect my investments. Maybe I won't always but it gives me another 12 months to hope avid delivers an amazing version, with hopefully some efficiency improvements (updates)
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 10-20-2016, 05:50 PM

to pay for hope... that's the edge of the line for me...
Old 10-20-2016, 06:56 PM

This is the crooks of the whole-Grumble
Expiration's should 'update-lingur' up to the next upgrade.

For my systems Mac OS 10.9.5 AND HD 12.5.2 is a solid combo
Old 10-20-2016, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitT View Post
This is the crooks of the whole-Grumble
Expiration's should 'update-lingur' up to the next upgrade.

For my systems Mac OS 10.9.5 AND HD 12.5.2 is a solid combo
Same here. 12.4 was very buggy for me. And all of 11 was horrible. I have 12.6 on my laptop and I'm hoping that 12.6.1 will be something I can put on my studio computer.

So yes, my $399 for HD and $99 for non HD, was well worth it because I wouldn't want to be stuck on my old system. Commit and clip effects are really useful features. I rarely crash these days. Before 12.5 it could be several times an hour. My life was hell. Much better now.
Old 10-20-2016, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post

For the record, commit and freeze are very nice....I updated just to protect my investments. Maybe I won't always but it gives me another 12 months to hope avid delivers an amazing version, with hopefully some efficiency improvements (updates)
+1 on all the above .

I am not even relying on Avid , as soon as Cubase 9 is released - I am jumping on that , plus I really want it's MIDI features that Pro Tools chooses to ignore but instead focuses on things like the the cloud.
I admit .., It's going to suck having to learn a new DAW after getting a workflow with Protools, but what choice do I have ?

.., that workflow is always interrupted by errors that leaves me so angry that the anger then slams a brake on any creative juices I had flowing and keeps on zapping the enjoyment and productivity out it..., and all AVID can say is "but we have the cloud "

I like Pro Tools, but its been a very frustrating 12 months and it's like one step forward two steps back . I am still getting 9173 errors on 12.6 - at least once per day that freezes my Mac Pro that leaves me no option but to force shutdown , then later go searching for a recovered backup to resume my sessions.

I sought advice 2 weeks ago and even went out and purchased Disc warrior in the 'witch hunt' to which I already knew deep down is AVIDs fault and not my system. Not to mention the purchase of hundreds of dollars worth of other software to replace the perfectly good software I own that had to rely on the crappy broken down AVID Core Audio (that is still not fixed )

and .., Only yesterday I still got another 9173 error with a meagre 5 midi tracks instantiated and all I was doing was editing Midi at the time

.., Honestly I've had a gut full of AVIDs ongoing bugs, and their updates have slowed down to a snails pace - even thought AVID are now raking in all our money.

My perpetual subscription runs out in September but I wont be renewing it .., I just hope by then Pro Tools will be stable
Pro Tools 2021.6.0 Native * Slate Raven MTi-1 Version 3.9.1 * AVID MBox3 Pro * OSX Mojave 10.14.6 * MAC PRO (late 2013) * 3.0 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon E5 * 64 GB Ram 1866 MHz DDR * AMD FirePro D700 6GB * Lacie LBD 1TB Thunderbolt 2 PCiE * Blackmagic Multidock Thunderbolt2 * Samsung SSD's 850 Pro * WD Black HDD's

Last edited by Seafoam_Green; 10-20-2016 at 08:18 PM.