How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2012, 11:14 PM

Default Plug-ins not showing

Hi all!

I am new to Pro Tools and I just bought a bundle of Pro Tools 9 free upgrade to 10 with free plug-ins like Xpand, Velvet, Strike, Eleven LE, Structure. I register the product of ProTools 10 and transfer the license to my iLok also register the MBoxMini. Also I installed the Virtual Instruments DVD and it installed all Ok. Also I installed the update to version 10.0.1 of Pro Tools. Also I reinstall all. On the plugins it did not have a license for the iLok (I don't know if this is ok)

I don't know what I am doing wrong but I think can't access this plug ins Xpand, Velvet, Strike, Eleven LE and Structure. Maybe I don't know how to install them on the track, so I will describe what I am doing if anyone can help me.

I Create a new track and select stereo instrument track. Then I go to insert / plugin and I can't find this plugins, it show all the plugins that comes with ProTools but not this ones I mention I can't find them. The only one I can find is Xpand2 but when I installed it on the track it does not find the path of this particular plugin and I had to find it on the Program Files\Avid\Avid Virtual Instruments\XPand2. Also in that folder of Virtual Instruments it has: Boom, Mini Grand, Structure Free and Xpand2.

Where can I find Velvet and Strike?
Old 03-03-2012, 12:41 AM

Default Re: Plug-ins not showing

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiBoy View Post
Hi all!

I am new to Pro Tools and I just bought a bundle of Pro Tools 9 free upgrade to 10 with free plug-ins like Xpand, Velvet, Strike, Eleven LE, Structure. I register the product of ProTools 10 and transfer the license to my iLok also register the MBoxMini. Also I installed the Virtual Instruments DVD and it installed all Ok. Also I installed the update to version 10.0.1 of Pro Tools. Also I reinstall all. On the plugins it did not have a license for the iLok (I don't know if this is ok)

I don't know what I am doing wrong but I think can't access this plug ins Xpand, Velvet, Strike, Eleven LE and Structure. Maybe I don't know how to install them on the track, so I will describe what I am doing if anyone can help me.

I Create a new track and select stereo instrument track. Then I go to insert / plugin and I can't find this plugins, it show all the plugins that comes with ProTools but not this ones I mention I can't find them. The only one I can find is Xpand2 but when I installed it on the track it does not find the path of this particular plugin and I had to find it on the Program Files\Avid\Avid Virtual Instruments\XPand2. Also in that folder of Virtual Instruments it has: Boom, Mini Grand, Structure Free and Xpand2.

Where can I find Velvet and Strike?
Hi,

After installing the pro tools 10 did you also run the virtual instruments creative collection installer? It's a separate installer and will be in your avid account.

The creative collection does not include velvet, strike, structure full, hybrid. they're optional purchases.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 03-03-2012, 08:16 AM

Hi, Yes I installed the Avid Virtual Instrument Cd. And yes they are not included.

When I bought this bundle it has a special offer that included Strike, Velvet, Xpand, Structure and Eleven LE but I think the problem is that on the Avid \ My Products\ Download it does not show this download with this plug ins. I will ask sweetwater about this and hope they can help me.

Thanks for your reply!

Jorge
Old 03-05-2012, 09:05 PM

Location: Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Observable Universe

I downloaded the Pro-tools months ago and it wouldn't recognize my plugins. They didn't fix the problem since and claim it's an isolated issue but they are others with the same problem. Meanwhile I have decided not to buy PT 10 and wait for the next demo of PT 11.

I hope you get it working, if you do so please post the solution.