Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Old 07-31-2010, 12:27 PM

Default What does Win 7 64-bit support mean?

I'm building a new Win 7 dual-boot partition, so I did an 8.0.3 install of M-Powered and then applied the 8.0.4 upgrade. The upgrade did not give me an option of 32-bit or 64-bit (unlike Cubase) and Pro Tools still appears in the Program File (x86) folder. Did I do something wrong in the upgrade? Or if not, what does the advertised 64-bit support really mean? I haven't tried pushing the memory limits yet, so I don't know if I can really load more VI's or not (which is why I'm upgrading to Win 7 in the first place).
Old 07-31-2010, 12:56 PM

Default Re: What does Win 7 64-bit support mean?

PT isn't 64 bit yet but it works on a 64 bit system and if you need help they will support you.
Previously it was not supported and not recommended by AVID.

To use more RAM for VI's you can rewire Reaper or Ableton or something to host the instruments. PT on it's own won't use more than a couple gigs.