Old 12-21-2014, 01:49 AM

Default Re: Ewql play-

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Settings from the Streaming page in Play:
Engine Memory 512 MB
Max Voices 1024
Engine Level High

Something not mentioned: I don't stream from disk but have Play load everything into ram. The only thing that has ever brought my system down is an all synth version of the 1812 Overture. That has 20+ tracks of Synthmaster, Omnisphere running in real time (nothing yet rendered to audio) along with a few TRacks and Blue Cat Audio plugins. I have yet to get 9173's with that but PT does choke on cpu overload as this session flirts right at 95% usage and then some. The last time I had a 9173 was with PT11.2.0 and before that way back in PT10.3.2. But have never, ever had Play throw a 9173 that I can remember.

edit for additional:
I see you have several threads going with 9173 errors and I have to wonder - do you have ANYTHING else running in the background on your Mac that shouldn't be? Like web browsers, wifi, etc.? Those are a no-no. Have you optimized your computer for audio work? There has to be something going on with your machine causing these issues with programs that most other people don't have the issues you're having. Have you tried moving out all non-Avid plugins from the used plugins folder to the unused plugins folder?
Good info to consider... I've been on similar settings but more voices b/c otherwise I get dropouts. I got slightly better result increasing RAM buffers and using the kontakt memory engine.

I know it sounds crazy but...
I don't have anything else running.
I get this error regardless if anything else is running or not and if blue tooth, wifi, etc is turned off or on. It doesn't make a difference. Since 11.3- HD OMNI is much more stable (CORE will crash like crazy much sooner) but I'm still out of CPU. It's always the same problem... out of CPU... when I have plenty left.

The weird thing is that PT just refuses to maximize the CPU. I'm averaging 10%. It freaks out but I'm not sure what is going on. And what is so weird is that I can offline a part at more than 2X that online will throw the error...

For whatever reason volume graphing will cause it to get that error much sooner, and some PLAY patches take FOREVER to load (HWS).

I tried putting it ALL in RAM in the past but I got the same results... and used up my memory pretty fast. I might try it just for the sake of testing but I have all SSDs for a reason...

But I've having other problems too. For some reason Kontakt doesn't like it either and may ghost notes or crackle occasionally. I'm going to contact ProjectSam because those patches in particular are really terrible on PT.

I sent out a message to Vienna to see what is up with the dropouts...

And I'm going to call AVID soon so hopefully I'll finally get this resolved. The biggest one of course is the out of CPU, which comes much sooner on a large PLAY patch than anything else.

Pro Tools 11 HD, 64Gb ram, 12tb SSD, 1909
HD Omni/Thunderbolt Native
A bucketload of libraries
www.Reverbnation.com/jedediahjenk
www.soundcloud.com/jedediahjenk
notedmusic.wix.com/jedediahjenk
Old 12-21-2014, 04:42 AM

Default Re: Ewql play-

notedmusic:
Have you considered the problem might be with your iTrashcan itself? There has to be something endemic to your setup that no one else is running into. There are plenty of people using Play and Kontakt without issue.

Do Play and Kontakt run okay in standalone? If they do then that takes the onus off of them.

Again I ask - have you tried emptying the plugins folder of all non-Avid plugins, see if that runs okay, then add back in one at a time Play and then Kontakt? There may be some interaction with plugins that are in the used plugins folder but aren't used in a session.

QAPLA!