Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2018, 10:54 AM

Default Re: Plugin's don't record

Quote:
Originally Posted by akodust View Post
thxs for ur help...i will try what you suggest...Here are the instruction i am using:
I use the Hip-hop template to start. i press the space bar and the it works. i can hear the drum beat.
when i press boom in the insert..it come up and the patterns show.
i/o shows "no insert"--output 1-2 stereo.
1. Pro Tools Host-Based Systems
Native plug-ins can be used on audio, Auxiliary Input,
Master Fader, and Instrument tracks.
2. Click the Insert selector on the track and select
the plug-in that you want to use.

thxs again...i'm new at all this ...
This is why it's been suggested that you read through the PT User's Guide (aka The Manual). Also I'd suggest getting a good starter book on PT. There's a PT101 courseware book that you should be able to find on Amazon or Barnes & Noble.

Reading the manual will hep you make the necessary distinctions between things the manual talks about. Yes native plugins can be used on a variety tracks but Donald M explains the steps you should follow because instruments are a special case. For example they can't be instantiated on a master track. Best to use on an instrument track

Quote:
Now, add a midi note (notes) to play the pattern you want to play.
What is that?
thxs
Add a MIDI note to the instrument track you're using to host Boom.

Again - PLEASE read the documentation that comes with PT and the various plugins. PT is NOT plug and play and isn't all that straightforward for someone who's new to digital recording. Did you use any other recording program before PT? For a newbie jumping right in to PT2018 it's ain't going to be easy. Better you should have started with PT First. There's something to be said for baby steps.

QAPLA!
Old 07-04-2018, 09:25 PM

Default Re: Plugin's don't record

Quote:
Now, add a midi note (notes) to play the pattern you want to play.
What is that?
thxs

I have to second what Jack said to you earlier. You need to read the manuals, as well as look at some of the how to videos available all over YouTube. If you don't know what a MIDI note is, you really do need to spend some time reading up and watching some videos on not only using Pro Tools, but understanding things like MIDI and other basic synth stuff as well.

The people here are always ready to help...Lord knows they sure helped my when I first started out with Pro Tools...but you also have to do some of the heavy lifting. But the rewards are worth the effort!