Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2001, 07:32 PM

Default playing music CD from CD rom, using digi 001

I have never been able to listen to my CD player once I have installed protools. I go to settings>control panel>multimedia>audio and put the preferred device as digi 001 and check the box"always use preferred device". I can hear acid loops, sound from computer and even the internet, basically everything but the cd player. What am I doing wrong? [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-09-2001, 07:38 PM

Default Re: playing music CD from CD rom, using digi 001

get winamp and download a plugin from winamp.com called cd reader.....
Old 10-10-2001, 10:34 AM

The CD player does not use the computer to play music. When you used the CD Player on a regular sound card there was a cable that connected from the sound card to the back of the cd player. when I installed the Digi 001 I did not look to see if there was one on the card but I don't think there is. You can come out of the headphone jack on the front and spit it out to 2 mono jacks and plug it in to 2 of the inputs on the 001.
Old 10-10-2001, 11:00 AM

If you are using Windows Me all you have to do is enable Digital CD Audio for your CDROM and it will play through the Digi001.

To do this go to device manager and click the properties for your CDROM Device. Under the properties tab there will be a check box labeled "Enable Digital CD Audio for this CDROM Device" check this and it will work.
Old 10-10-2001, 11:09 PM

Darren,

I appreciate it, but I don't think that's it.
Let me get one more opinion before I give up.....(Please be wrong this one time, Mr. 7.....LOL)

p.s. I must admit, I tried DaBasstard's suggestion, downloaded cd reader and it didn't help, but it's unclear if you have to use WinAmp for that to work(which I don't).

Thank you though, Darren

Roy
Old 10-11-2001, 12:00 AM

Hi Roy-
It's a Winamp plug. I'm about to try it myself. My digital option is grayed out also... <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Roy Howell:
Darren,

I appreciate it, but I don't think that's it.
Let me get one more opinion before I give up.....(Please be wrong this one time, Mr. 7.....LOL)

p.s. I must admit, I tried DaBasstard's suggestion, downloaded cd reader and it didn't help, but it's unclear if you have to use WinAmp for that to work(which I don't).

Thank you though, Darren

Roy
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 10-11-2001, 12:12 AM

staylor,

I was all set to thank you from the bottom of my heart, but my 'Enable Digital CD' in Dev. Mgr. is grayed out...can't get to it. I have built-in CD player, which used to be controlled by WindowsMediaPlayer, but now I use MMJukebox. What do you suppose the prob could be? Everything else works through my Digi card....

Thanks, Roy
Old 10-11-2001, 12:50 AM

Roy,

Your CD-Drive probably does not support digital audio transfers.
Old 10-11-2001, 04:21 AM

Mmh, cool... So mine are greyed out, but they're checked, so it works! My CD-Roms aren't really up to date, lite-on 32x and HP CD-Writer Plus 8100 (4x write).

BTW: how can I change in ME what in the start menu is 'extendable' (>> ) and what is right there (like in SE). This is a really p.i.t.***** ThanXXX
Old 10-11-2001, 05:12 AM

Hi Kai,

On win2k if you right click on an empty part of the taskbar and select properties then unclick the box that says "use personalized menus" this set the menus back to the 98 type.

It should work for Me as well.

Cheers,
Brett