Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 11-17-2008, 02:57 AM

Default A Couple Questions

Hi all. It seems like it's been forever since I posted, but I've been enthusiastically reading, especially the Quad thread, for the last month or so.

I just got my new quad beast, and am about to launch in to the daunting task of getting it all set up in my studio.

Since I'm doing a fresh install, I've decided to finally use my 7.4 upgrade.

I have a couple questions.

Is Quicktime in the 7.4 software I downloaded from the Digi site, or do I need to grab it from the net?

Are the Digi Wave Driver and ASIO driver in the download?

And one more question. Forgive me, but it's been YEARS since I did a fresh install.

MPTK (the expanded track/beat detective options) are already in the software, simply unlocked by the auth on my iLok, yes?

Looking forward to messing with Elastic Audio for the first time.

I may have several dozen questions about it too, but I plan to spend time with the tutorials.

Maybe someone will nominate me for the "guy with the most posts asking the most basic questions" award?

Thanks in advance, and good to be back.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:19 AM

Default Re: A Couple Questions

EJ,

1 - I don't recall Quicktime being included in 7.4. I might be wrong, but I would suggest downloading it and installing prior to loading 7.4.

2 - If you are using WinXP, the ASIO and Wave drivers are automatically installed. If you are using Vista, there is no Wave driver for 7.4.

3 - Authorization of all of the MPTK software via your i-Lok will happen "automatically" as long as you have already downloaded the licenses from i-Lok.com.

Nice to see you back.

Greg
Old 11-17-2008, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejwells View Post
Hi all. It seems like it's been forever since I posted, but I've been enthusiastically reading, especially the Quad thread, for the last month or so.

I just got my new quad beast, and am about to launch in to the daunting task of getting it all set up in my studio.

Since I'm doing a fresh install, I've decided to finally use my 7.4 upgrade.

I have a couple questions.

Is Quicktime in the 7.4 software I downloaded from the Digi site, or do I need to grab it from the net?

Are the Digi Wave Driver and ASIO driver in the download?

And one more question. Forgive me, but it's been YEARS since I did a fresh install.

MPTK (the expanded track/beat detective options) are already in the software, simply unlocked by the auth on my iLok, yes?

Looking forward to messing with Elastic Audio for the first time.

I may have several dozen questions about it too, but I plan to spend time with the tutorials.

Maybe someone will nominate me for the "guy with the most posts asking the most basic questions" award?

Thanks in advance, and good to be back.

hey man, hows it going? good to see you around

pt 8 should be out here REALLY soon as well. most saying within a month or less.

you will need to download quicktime from apple.

mptk has its own installer and installers seperate for the plugs included w it. most of us bought it as a disc set with everything in it and then of course had to come home and update it all

its a good day when you get the quad runnin great and have no more computer probs..... xcept user issue. opens up a lot of possibilities when its not holding you down in creating that one more delay you need

ttyl

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 3-6-18)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 11-17-2008, 11:23 AM

Thanks all.
So far so good. PT 7.4 loaded without a hitch.
Played a few sessions, no troubles.
Now the laborious task of transfering all my data to the new machine.
Thank GOD for that TB eSata drive I bought just for the purpose of doing this.

I'll keep ya posted on the preformance.

It's a custom built Q9550/P45 beast.
4 gigs 1066 RAM, a 250GB System Drive, and four 500GB data drives.
I played a 48 track session, loaded up with all sorts of plugs, with my buffer set to 64 samples. It didn't even register 1/3 on the system usage window. Wow!
Old 11-17-2008, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejwells View Post
...It's a custom built Q9550/P45 beast.
4 gigs 1066 RAM, a 250GB System Drive, and four 500GB data drives.
I played a 48 track session, loaded up with all sorts of plugs, with my buffer set to 64 samples. It didn't even register 1/3 on the system usage window. Wow!
I know what you mean. My Q9450 w/ 4G of RAM just seems to scream on down the highway, too. I can push past 32 tracks, but the 32 voice limit gets me most every time. Sometimes I wonder, though. It seems on some projects I can have more than 32 voices or tracks available to play. I can jam as many midi and aux channels in as I want, but....anyway, I'm just now learning about voice allocation and the management thereof.
Eleven Rack (live rig and studio rig!!)
Win7 * 003R * PT 11