Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2006, 08:14 AM

Default Click Track from an audio file in PT ???

Hi

I have a problem which I hope is easy to solve.

I want to record a band which have done a click track for the drummer. All good so far. They only have it as on stereo track .aif

Is there a way to load this in PTLE and then some how let PT slice it up and change the grid so it fits the click .aif ??

It makes it so much better if I can record the drummer on a matching grid, making editing nicer.

Any way of doing this ???

Thanks
Old 12-07-2006, 07:47 AM

Default Re: Click Track from an audio file in PT ???

HEY! I am interesting in this question as well. I really need to learn how to program the CLick in Protools.

Right now, I use a metronome and I record it to a track and go from there, but having the Grid all lined up would be awesome!
Old 12-07-2006, 09:15 AM

Default Re: Click Track from an audio file in PT ???

nowinner,
I'm a bit confused by your question: did the band only provide you with a click track and no other audio? Is it all at the same tempo of does it vary? If the tempo varies then I'm pretty sure that Beat Detective will be able to do what you want, but I've never tried it.. Do a search of the DUC for info on Beat Detective as there are many threads about it..

If you have version 7.xx (don't know if it's in vers. 6.x) there is a plugin included called Click which is used as a virtual instrument. The sounds for the click are kinda limited, but if the band doesn't mind you could set up an instrument track to take care of the click plus then you are not using up an audio track. Click will follow any tempo changes in the tempo ruler..

There is also a MIDI click that works with an external synth/drum machine if that would provide a better click sound. This will also follow the tempo ruler. The settings for that are somewhere in MIDI setup and you need to provide an aux input to bring the audio into PT. The downside to this is that it uses up an input or 2