Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2009, 07:40 PM

Default Re: Help with MEZZO restore

Anyone know how I can get some of my old sessions saved with Mezzo back when I had protools 5.3 backup to an actual drive?

I am now using PT 8 on a quad core G5. Although I have an AIT device, there is no one out there that has posted that they have successfully used Mezzo with PT8. Even harder than that is being able to find the software?

So if anyone can confirm this that would be great. If it really works if anyone has the software......? Or finally if there is anyone doing restores from AIT/MEZZO?

Thanks
Paul Wright III
[email protected]
615-260-2132
Old 08-24-2009, 07:54 AM

Mezzo does not work with PT8. You should be able to restore an old session, though. AFAIK, the company is belly-up, so beware.
Old 09-16-2009, 07:23 AM

I finally found a bought a 4.7 ilok.. my problem now is the main AIT I am after is not showing any files after I put the tape in a mezzo creates a data base???? i.e the file tree looks empty but if you get info on the media is shows the tape has 20gig of data on there?? any ideas can you rebuild a tapes data base?

Andy
Old 09-16-2009, 09:54 AM

Go to File->Import->Preform INCREMENTAL Import

Takes a while, but Mezzo should rebuild it's catalog. If that doesn't work, you should be able to restore files/folders from the File Tree. Or, go to Media Sets, double click on the media, and it should give you a complete listing of what's on the tape. I think you can restore files from that pane.

Hope it helps.
Old 09-17-2009, 04:02 AM

Thumbs up Re: Help with MEZZO restore

Great I am trying this now.

Andy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
Go to File->Import->Preform INCREMENTAL Import

Takes a while, but Mezzo should rebuild it's catalog. If that doesn't work, you should be able to restore files/folders from the File Tree. Or, go to Media Sets, double click on the media, and it should give you a complete listing of what's on the tape. I think you can restore files from that pane.

Hope it helps.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:10 PM

Hey there folks......I was in the same boat until I found a service that specializes in Mezzo restores. I had at least 30 AIT tapes that I got all restored and saved to my firewire drives etc. They charge by the GB I think in 5 GB intervals but in the long run I think it only cost me about $80-100 per album. Here's his email: [email protected], and he will get in contact with you..........great guy and fast turnaround.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:30 PM

I'm running 4.7.4 and am having all kinds of problems since running 10.5.8 It is really buggy and constantly hangs and crashes. right now I am trying to restore files from 2000 and to no avail. They say there is nothing on the tapes but I know for sure there is. They are doing a "best of" record to go national and I can't get the original files.......There message says that there are no valid catalogs. Does anybody have a work around?
Old 03-31-2010, 07:02 AM

See my post about Incremental Import above.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:14 AM

Can anyone help me find a copy of Mezzo 4.7? I have the ilok but I just need the software. [email protected] PLZ PLZ PLZ

BTW, If you read this whole thread you'll see that a person send out his ilok in good faith for people to use and the first guy who got it DanMC, Never signed in again after receiving it. What a dick move!

I will be selling my Mezzo ilok that has 4.5 and 4.7 on it after I'm finished restoring my tapes.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:45 AM

its on its way to via email

Yes - Dan pulled a bad one - funny thing is that I was offered 1kUSD for the ilok, but decided to rather help others - but I got over it - I hope DanMC gets a little smile everytime he uses it, or think of how he sold it and scammed some naive %^ucker in Africa.