Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2001, 01:21 PM

Default WHERE IS THE STEP RECORDING?!?!?!?!

I can not believe that digi has STILL not put step recording into their PT software. This is one of the most useful and common ways to use midi...especially with modern electronic music, which BTW, is most likely a pretty big part of the userbase. When will we get this??

Old 02-08-2001, 02:30 PM

Default Re: WHERE IS THE STEP RECORDING?!?!?!?!

I am an electronic musician and I use MIDI with PTLE all the time. I use the pencil tool and the loop playback functions to write beats. I agree the MIDI could be better with PTLE, but it's pretty good for being basic. I'm sure it will get better through the versions.
Old 02-08-2001, 02:53 PM

I just think it was a ridiculous oversight. Especially considering no multi-processor support, altivec support...near future osx support. I just feel kind like digi has been sitting around. Nuendo doesn't have these problems, and they are on their first version!!
Old 02-13-2001, 05:29 PM

Yes, I must add to this request... step time entry, please. This is my #1 problem with ProTools LE.

I teach at a school where I have 16 lab stations & studios running Opcode Studio Vision. I am in desperate need for a new platform to move into. My students utilize the steptime entry feature 75% of the time (I know, I know, teach them to actually play the keyboard...). I have invested heavily in multiple Digi 001s with the hope that Digi would add steptime entry in their next version. Well, I'm still waiting. In fact, if there is no hope of steptime in the next 4 months, hello MOTU DP3. I just can't wait any longer.

Help, Digi, I need step time!
Old 02-13-2001, 05:49 PM

that is exactly why i wrote this post!!! i know that many users must feel this way... i couldn't believe they left it out... what a mistake...

=]