Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2014, 03:35 AM

Default Mbox Pro and Logic Pro midi conflict

Hello,
when I use midi (via an usb controller, interface's midi port or an external midi interface) with Logic Pro 9 and the Mbox Pro is connected, it works initially, but as soon as I start recording/playing, the midi signal is delayed, some notes remain on, some don't arrive at all so I can't use it.
This doesn't happen with other software.
Logic Pro works fine with other interfaces or without the Mbox Pro connected.
Does anybody know how to solve this annoying problem?

Thanks
Filippo
Old 06-06-2016, 01:07 AM

Default Re: Mbox Pro and Logic Pro midi conflict

Quote:
Originally Posted by beurre View Post
Hello,
when I use midi (via an usb controller, interface's midi port or an external midi interface) with Logic Pro 9 and the Mbox Pro is connected, it works initially, but as soon as I start recording/playing, the midi signal is delayed, some notes remain on, some don't arrive at all so I can't use it.
This doesn't happen with other software.
Logic Pro works fine with other interfaces or without the Mbox Pro connected.
Does anybody know how to solve this annoying problem?

Thanks
Filippo
I would also like to know. My USB works fine when using my Motif as a controller (without sound card plugged in) but i get exactly this problem as soon as i plug in the interface and try record using midi + the Motif sounds.

(i am recording a stereo output from the motif, but using usb midi, as the mbox midi was giving me problems)

It seems like there's a conflict between the midi capabilities of the mbox and the USB-Midi signal flow.

Any ideas?