Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 06-09-2011, 11:27 PM

Default Avid Eleven Rack Support

I've had one HELL of a night with my Eleven Rack Expansion Update installation. I make my $98.00 purchase and wait for my download email to show up. The Eleven Rack Expansion Pack.exe file was soon downloaded. I unzipped the installer and ran it. It does it's thing and puts the updater folder on my desktop. The Updater starts and asks for my Serial Number and System ID (both sent in my purchase email). I agree to the terms, conditions, etc. and it appears to start...then...nothing. My application event log yielded a fault code for each time I re-tried the install.

My system is Windows 7 64-bit. I read another article on here about how it won't work with Internet Explorer 9...so...I uninstalled IE 9 (as well as my antivirus software), rebooted...same issue.

Then, I tried to do all of this from my laptop (Windows 7 64-bit as well). The updater started and asked for my Serial Number and System ID. I put them both in and things seemed to be fine until the next window informed me that I'd already used that particular activation.

On top of it, have any of you tried contacting Avid support? Yep, rediculous. I have no idea where my Activation/Download code is and will most likely have to get into my attic to dig out my original box since it isn't listed in any of my emails or in my Avid online account.

If any Avid reps are reading this, could you please send me a PM to let me know what I'm supposed to do next? I will try to call support tomorrow but fully expect to get the runaround.

I'm a full time Network Administrator and can tell you that common end users should not have this much trouble with these products. BTW, Pro Tools 8 never worked either but I was willing to let that go since I only use Samplitude.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:20 AM

Default Re: Avid Eleven Rack Support

I'm on win7 x64 everything went smoothly for me. I don't believe you get a activation/download code its automatically activated in your avid account, you just have that serial and system id to get the updater working. I'd contact them.

Probably stupid of me to ask but did you upgrade to 8.05 or the latest version they tell you too? It seems to update the drivers for 11R in the process.
Old 06-10-2011, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperhawk View Post
I've had one HELL of a night with my Eleven Rack Expansion Update installation. I make my $98.00 purchase and wait for my download email to show up. The Eleven Rack Expansion Pack.exe file was soon downloaded. I unzipped the installer and ran it. It does it's thing and puts the updater folder on my desktop. The Updater starts and asks for my Serial Number and System ID (both sent in my purchase email). I agree to the terms, conditions, etc. and it appears to start...then...nothing. My application event log yielded a fault code for each time I re-tried the install.

My system is Windows 7 64-bit. I read another article on here about how it won't work with Internet Explorer 9...so...I uninstalled IE 9 (as well as my antivirus software), rebooted...same issue.

Then, I tried to do all of this from my laptop (Windows 7 64-bit as well). The updater started and asked for my Serial Number and System ID. I put them both in and things seemed to be fine until the next window informed me that I'd already used that particular activation.

On top of it, have any of you tried contacting Avid support? Yep, rediculous. I have no idea where my Activation/Download code is and will most likely have to get into my attic to dig out my original box since it isn't listed in any of my emails or in my Avid online account.

If any Avid reps are reading this, could you please send me a PM to let me know what I'm supposed to do next? I will try to call support tomorrow but fully expect to get the runaround.

I'm a full time Network Administrator and can tell you that common end users should not have this much trouble with these products. BTW, Pro Tools 8 never worked either but I was willing to let that go since I only use Samplitude.
Are you aware that there is a two part process to installing the Expansion Pack?
The first part is the software installation. Once that completes a firmware update file is placed on the desktop. Since that has been placed on your desktop it's probably safe to assume that the software part of the installation has been completed successfully.

To run the firmware updater, your 11R must be switched on and you must be connected to the internet.

Did you have your 11R switched on and where you connected to internet when you first ran the firmware updater? If you were connected to the internet but 11R wasn't switched on, I suspect your serial and ID details would have been recorded by Avid, but the firmware update would have failed because 11R was off. That may be a reason why it's coming back saying you had already used that activation.

Just a thought.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AERO D
CPU: Intel Alder Lake Core i9-12900K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (2x 32gb 5200MHz)
Drives: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (Record & Samples)
1 x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (OS Win 11 Pro)

GPU:Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 PCIE 4
PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850 Platinim
CASE: Fractal Define XL R2
PT 11HD (v11.3.2) Omni s/pdif <> AxeFxIII
HD 96I/O
Old 06-10-2011, 06:28 PM

Yes, the unit was on and I had internet connectivity. I don't know why it failed. My software apparently did activate in their system but I didn't have time to deal with it today. Does anyone know if there's away to get Avid support to reset my activation so I can try it from another computer (without too much wasted time between phone/online support)?
Old 06-10-2011, 11:00 PM

I think the only way is to talk to them direct. A pain I know!

The other thing I just remembered is that the Avid system 'remembers' which computer the serial & ID were submitted from so you'll most likely have to do it again from your desktop not the Lappy.

Hope you get it sorted. Once you do though you'll love it I'm sure!

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AERO D
CPU: Intel Alder Lake Core i9-12900K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (2x 32gb 5200MHz)
Drives: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (Record & Samples)
1 x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (OS Win 11 Pro)

GPU:Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 PCIE 4
PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850 Platinim
CASE: Fractal Define XL R2
PT 11HD (v11.3.2) Omni s/pdif <> AxeFxIII
HD 96I/O