Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 04-05-2011, 01:28 PM

Angry Pro Tools 9 crossgrade license will not download to iLok...any ideas?

I was running Pro Tools LE 8 on a (silver) macbook pro with the Digi 002 controller. No problems... but,,,,
I purchased a brand new Macbook pro and attempted to crossgrade to 9.
New Computer, New Pro Tools!

Problem is: I can't seem to get my Pro tools 9 licenses from iLok.
I have done all the avid and iLok downloads, and they won't help me resolve this. So here I sit puzzled and frustrated. I spent the money for the crossgrade and i can't have my licenses....Any ideas?
Old 04-05-2011, 01:34 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 9 crossgrade license will not download to iLok...any ideas?

Also, can this be resolved, with simply purchasing a 2nd iLok and putting the PT9 licenses on there?

I have no idea...
Old 04-05-2011, 01:39 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 9 crossgrade license will not download to iLok...any ideas?

You can use your current ilok.
Do the PT9 license show up in your account at ilok.com?
Old 04-05-2011, 01:39 PM
Administrator

I don't think this is a problem with your actual iLok USB key, but more than likely a browser issue.

I can see the license available for download on your iLok account.

If you are using Firefox 4, there is currently a problem using that browser on iLok.com (possibly with Google as well).

Try using Safari to login to your account at www.iLok.com and see if that helps.

If not, then you might try using a different computer (mac or windows, doesn't matter) to login to iLok.com and download your license to your iLok.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekjaye View Post
Also, can this be resolved, with simply purchasing a 2nd iLok and putting the PT9 licenses on there?

I have no idea...
You can only download one of any given asset to a particular iLok. You didnt purchase two upgrades did you? You don't need a second upgrade to install PT9 on your new computer. If you already had an iLok with 9 on it you should be able to use it with your new computer.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 04-05-2011, 09:44 PM

Thank you all for the responses, this has been very frustrating for me.

Re: macbookprousr
I am using the only iLok I own to place the PT9 license on.
The pt9 license does show up on my page, as a new license to download, it just doesn't download on there..
I didnt have these problems when upgraded to 8.

Re: sunburst79
i only have 1 iLok and have not had any luck yet putting the PT9 license on it.

Re: Avid Admin
I have tried different computers, and only use safari. It isn't my iLok, it still works on my old computer that is running pt8 (until I get this fixed).
I will attempt a different browser.