Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2015, 11:17 AM

Default Are there any video tutorials on using the AUTOMATION?

Are there any video tutorials on using the AUTOMATION in the Control MC?

The manual only mentions that I have the feature (what a joke!). But when I did a search for features like preview mode and other commands, the search came up empty.

I know how to write automation DIRECTLY (with the mouse) in Nuendo (6.5 & 7). But I wanted to try writing some automation using the MC to see if it was any faster.

So far, all I can get it to do is the basic read and write. When I tried other commands like UNDO PASS, PREVIEW MODE, SUSPEND AUTOMATION, nothing happens. So, to undo something, I have to use the undo command in Nuendo. A lot of other commands I don't even understand. So, it would be great to be able to SEE someobody actually doing some of this stuff.

As of now, I've been trying to cobble together some clues on how to do most of the functions I've learned, by watching promos for MC Pros or System 5/Fusion Desks.

I guess Avid thinks we don't need these types of tutorials. Anyone here have any suggestions?
Old 10-01-2015, 03:39 AM

Default Re: Are there any video tutorials on using the AUTOMATION?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyplayerG View Post
Are there any video tutorials on using the AUTOMATION in the Control MC?
Hi

Working with Cubase, I use the Quicklink feature to allocate the knobs on the AVID Artist Control and write the automation afterwards.
As I have an AVID Artist Mix as well, this is really a fast track to, at least, write Automation.

To edit afterwards the recorded automation - I think, there is no better (faster) way than to use the mouse. Otherwise too many steps must be taken to allocate it to the AVID Controllers.

Once I found some videos, which show a little bit how to handle the programming within the AVID Artist Control (TouchScreen).
https://www.youtube.com/user/ELFxiMusic

I must admit, the videos regarding programming of the AVID Artist Series are very hard to find, if ever

Cheers
https://sites.google.com/site/alrecordingstudio/
1pc AVID Artist Control and 1pc Euphonix MC Mix
Win11 64Bit, Cubase Pro 12.0.52
Old 10-14-2015, 01:19 AM

Default Re: Are there any video tutorials on using the AUTOMATION?

hi there,

i don't work with nuendo or cubase, so it might be a little of topic. but there are some nuage videos in which you can understand what automation commands you would like to map on your control touch screen. also you can understand the neundo automation system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR9jzzUue9Q

Another great resource for understanding automation with control surfaces is brent hebers tutorial for the old icon desk. wrong control surface and wrong daw, but i think still very helpful. i think more or less the same is packed in nuendo, just the names of the commands are a little different. You can skip the first 7 or 8 videos, they are very icon specific.

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=247948