Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 07-02-2012, 04:35 PM

Default Re: AVID Selling M-Audio and Pinnicle Lines!!!

To me it's a good idea unless the market they are going after doesn't use virtual instruments.

They do need to focus on the core Avid brands at this point. Advertising and marketing will be more effective under an umbrella brand.

Their stock is back down to 7 bucks. I guess PT11 is make it or break it time.

I hope they don't screw up.

C
PT 2021.10 HDX 16x24 -Mac Pro 12 Cores 48 GB RAM OS 10.13.6 - API 16 channel - AMS Neve 16 channel, AMS-Neve-SSL -Pres/Processing, Bock Audio, BLUE Bottle, Neumann, Josephson -Mics, Bogner, Kemper- Guitar, Chandler Zener-Curve Bender Outboard/Master. UAudio, Waves, Plugin Alliance etc.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Lie View Post
To me it's a good idea unless the market they are going after doesn't use virtual instruments.

They do need to focus on the core Avid brands at this point. Advertising and marketing will be more effective under an umbrella brand.

Their stock is back down to 7 bucks. I guess PT11 is make it or break it time.

I hope they don't screw up.

C
You and I both.

Wave-T.com
Old 07-02-2012, 05:38 PM

Curious what plugins will come with PT 11. Take away the AIR stuff and the number dwindles. So maybe a new line on the horizon. Perhaps this is why they made the separate installers for PT 10 so post sale versions will not include the AIR installer?
Old 07-02-2012, 05:40 PM

Just read this over on Russ's Facebook page. Shocked, to say the least, but not surprised. I have to wonder if Waves got advanced notice of this and that's why they're not doing aax dsp?

QAPLA!
Old 07-02-2012, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by necjamc View Post
Curious what plugins will come with PT 11. Take away the AIR stuff and the number dwindles. So maybe a new line on the horizon. Perhaps this is why they made the separate installers for PT 10 so post sale versions will not include the AIR installer?
Have you read the press release made by Inmusic?

The air team will still continue to develop VI and PI for pro tools.

http://in.finance.yahoo.com/news/jac...132600537.html

Quote:
The acquisitions also signal a new relationship with Avid. The AIR Software Group will continue to develop and maintain technologies for the Avid Pro Tools family of digital audio workstations, and a number of M-Audio products will continue to include Pro Tools software. Select Akai Professional and Alesis products will also now include Pro Tools, bringing the leading professional production software to a whole new audience of musicians, producers, and engineers.
That in essence might just have placed pro tools into more home studio's than before, when you think that some of akai and alesis products will come with it which = more profits.. hopefully.

Wave-T.com
Old 07-02-2012, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emcha_audio View Post
Have you read the press release made by Inmusic?

The air team will still continue to develop VI and PI for pro tools.

http://in.finance.yahoo.com/news/jac...132600537.html
I saw that. But do you think they will still ship with AIR plugs and VIs free (the ones included now). Or maybe new stuff. I can't imagine PT 11 won't come with any VI's for free. But will AIR be those. Just thinking out loud. I have the stuff I need for now
Old 07-02-2012, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by necjamc View Post
I saw that. But do you think they will still ship with AIR plugs and VIs free (the ones included now). Or maybe new stuff. I can't imagine PT 11 won't come with any VI's for free. But will AIR be those. Just thinking out loud. I have the stuff I need for now
Who knows, maybe that's part of the partnership they have now. Since some of their products (akai and alesis) will come with pro tools, maybe pro tools also keeps getting the air plugins and vi included freely or with a divident, just like Avid may get for the products of iNMUsic that ships with pro tools.

If I put my business owner hat on a moment for this, the more I think about it the more I think it's a good move. You pay less on employee's pay but you still get the same bank of pi's and vi's, at the same time you move more software because other products now distributes them when they get sold. And for the other company they get an other selling point, which might help them sell more of their own products. So it's a win win situation.

Wave-T.com
Old 07-02-2012, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Toolbox View Post
Actually glad to see this. The M-Audio line seemed to just make AVIDs selection that much more confusing, especially with audio interfaces. I'd rather have a smaller amount of choices of better designed products, than 50 products that are all almost identical in functionality and quality.

That, and with apple seeming to focus less and less on the pro market, it's good to see that someone still gives a $#!^ about making products for those of us that make a living at this.
I completely agree!

Pro Tools 12, Sibelius First 7/Presonus Studio 192/Windows 10 Pro
Old 07-02-2012, 11:55 PM

Maybe this explains why the PTIEP installers were such a nightmare when upgrading to PT10? AIR is going to have to sort that one out. And, when they do open it out to other formats (AU, VST etc) that will give them a bigger market share, which means more development, which means more features. So, that's bound to be good for us with PT isn't it?
FaceBook
MySpace
Old 07-03-2012, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenG View Post
Maybe this explains why the PTIEP installers were such a nightmare when upgrading to PT10? AIR is going to have to sort that one out. And, when they do open it out to other formats (AU, VST etc) that will give them a bigger market share, which means more development, which means more features. So, that's bound to be good for us with PT isn't it?
Pretty much.

Wave-T.com