Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2015, 10:15 AM

Default Re: Redbook CD burning

Quote:
Originally Posted by clgood View Post
Looking for an answer less than 5 years old, and for a Mac. I'd like to be able to optionally produce a CD image rather than burn a CD.

I know how to do the ghetto method with iTunes. Wondering if there's an inexpensive, simple dedicated program.

From some other (very old) discussions I found DSP-Quattro. Is there a better alternative?
I've been using the mastering side of Presonus Studio One since it hit the market. it does DDP Images and it's cross platform.

The Project page is also where you embed crucial metadata; add album art; burn Red Book-compatible CDs; create DDP images; export WAV, FLAC, MP3, and other digital files; and even publish your music direct to fans on SoundCloud.
Old 08-09-2015, 03:44 PM

Wavelab, CD Architect and Sonic Foundry are still the answer, 5 years later. I think Presonus Studio One also has CD creation built in

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 08-10-2015, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clgood View Post
Looking for an answer less than 5 years old, and for a Mac. I'd like to be able to optionally produce a CD image rather than burn a CD.

I know how to do the ghetto method with iTunes. Wondering if there's an inexpensive, simple dedicated program.

From some other (very old) discussions I found DSP-Quattro. Is there a better alternative?
DSP-Quattro is definitely a good program and it's not as expensive as Steinberg Wavelab. Granted Wavelab has a cut-down version but that lacks features; DSP-Q does more for less expense. I use it and Stefano has a generous crossgrade offer for people using certain other programs. Check out the DSP-Quattro site for more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Wavelab, CD Architect and Sonic Foundry are still the answer, 5 years later. I think Presonus Studio One also has CD creation built in
I loved CD Architect when I had a WinXP system but sadly Sony hasn't updated the program in literally years. The poster is looking for a Mac solution and Soundforge Mac (which also does CD burning) is a huge disappointment that hasn't kept up with the Windows side.

On a side note:
For us old-time computer geeks when I first saw the name DSP-Quattro I immediately flashed back to the old spreadsheet program Borland Quattro. No relation I know - just some old memory neurons firing.

QAPLA!
Old 08-10-2015, 09:33 AM

Doesn't anyone use SoundBlade?
Old 08-10-2015, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Doesn't anyone use SoundBlade?
It's expensive and Mac only. Several people I know over in Motunation (DP forum) have had issues with it.

QAPLA!
Old 02-22-2016, 11:12 PM

Amazingly, Roxio is still making Toast, which has always worked well for me over the years. Works well, always has been a Mac program. Toast does the simple stuff you always need, does a bit more of the complicated stuff you sometimes need (and they do have higher-end apps for more of that as well), and is reasonably priced.

Be sure to look around for coupon codes on offers.com and try entering them (I have no affiliation whatsoever with offers.com or Roxio). I saved $20 after Googling "roxio toast sale", and offers.com popped up with a $20 off coupon code. $80 plus tax after that.

Good luck! I know this last request (2015) is a tad old, but I'd been searching around for just this sort of info and found it lacking, so I now post this for the benefit of all.
Old 02-23-2016, 03:17 AM

In a pinch Waveburner Will do the job.

Another option you might not be aware of:

http://www.sonorissoftware.com/catal...b&currency=USD

Darryl Ramm
Old 08-25-2016, 04:26 PM

Some folks are recommending https://hofa-plugins.de/en/plugins/cd-burn-ddp/ Looks good. Not expensive, but haven't tried it. Works for Mac
Old 08-26-2016, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby B. View Post
Some folks are recommending https://hofa-plugins.de/en/plugins/cd-burn-ddp/ Looks good. Not expensive, but haven't tried it. Works for Mac
DSP Quattro has been working just fine here on my iMac.

QAPLA!
Old 08-26-2016, 11:36 PM

True Sony hasn't updated CD Architect in forever, but it's worked for me on everything from Windows 95 thru and including Windows 10. If it works.....