Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2016, 06:04 PM

Default Re: Yea seriously "error 9173"... Is there any solution? I Can't work at all..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Lie View Post
At least they are working through this stuff. Avid can't be happy about this.

They got caught of guard with all this. I'm in a completely different industry but am the front line contact for software implementations. They have a tendency to go off unexpectedly more that anyone in my company would like.

I guess this new line of work for me has given me some compassion for others in a similar position. I guarantee everyone that cares about PT at Avid is unhappy and will do all they can to get it back on track.

Carl

I agree. Everyone that I have had to interface with for support have been knowledgable and helpful. Getting replies on a Saturday regardless of where these people are at in the world is nice knowing that it has been acknowledged that quickly.
Old 04-25-2016, 12:05 AM

Default Re: Yea seriously "error 9173"... Is there any solution? I Can't work at all..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADIrouting View Post
This is the reply from Avid on Click II.

"Thank you for providing a .dlog and session file. First analysis of the log shows -9173 errors following buffer/underflows involving the Click II plug-in. This is consistent with your description of the problem but it's not clear exactly why that is occurring. Further analysis may be required by our software engineering department. I will attempt to reproduce the issue on Windows and Mac test systems as well and will reply to you when more information is available."

Do you have a snap shot of what your latency monitor out looks like with no interrupts? Does this mean your highest measured interrupt to process latency is always 0?

Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just shut down for the night, I'll see if I can figure out how to post a screen capture tomorrow.

I had the 9173 thing bad though. Couldn't get a single stereo audio track to run more than 4 bars at 120bpm without PT choking. (no plugins instantiated) When that was happening I was getting on avg 600-800 interrupts per 30 seconds with PT 's transport standing still and Avid creating thousands of page faults.

I had a session up tonight that was loaded for bear with plugins which is the same session I added click II to. I let latencymon run for a minute and there was 1 single interrupt call by windows update. Avid didn't make a peep and 0 page faults.

So I don't think it means my "highest measured interrupt to process latency is always 0?", as far as I can tell its just not getting stuck in a sit n' spin cycle interrupting faster than any process can complete.
Apollo16 x2; 11 Rack; AxeFX; TwoNotesStudio; Line 6 Pod;
Artist Control, Mix, Transport; Control 1; Axiom49; NI Komplete Control
Amphion ONE15; Focal A50; HR824; and more;
Old 04-25-2016, 12:52 AM

Another thing to consider on the Pro Tools is not working and why, subject, is that it seems to equally flawed FOR SOME USERS on both Mac and Windows computers. Sometimes with similar errors and symptoms. For me, that points to bad coding of the program.

Steve
Old 04-25-2016, 03:35 AM

Yep I'm on 11 and staying. All day tracking no errors.

I knew 12 was screwed. Lucky avid has a smart user base out there that can diagnose problems for them. They seem lost at the moment with this mess.

All I can say is wow. And they think it's only click 3. There is more wrong I have a feeling.
Old 04-25-2016, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliebSR View Post
I just shut down for the night, I'll see if I can figure out how to post a screen capture tomorrow.

I had the 9173 thing bad though. Couldn't get a single stereo audio track to run more than 4 bars at 120bpm without PT choking. (no plugins instantiated) When that was happening I was getting on avg 600-800 interrupts per 30 seconds with PT 's transport standing still and Avid creating thousands of page faults.

I had a session up tonight that was loaded for bear with plugins which is the same session I added click II to. I let latencymon run for a minute and there was 1 single interrupt call by windows update. Avid didn't make a peep and 0 page faults.

So I don't think it means my "highest measured interrupt to process latency is always 0?", as far as I can tell its just not getting stuck in a sit n' spin cycle interrupting faster than any process can complete.

Got it. Let the latency mon program run for an hour before snipping a copy of the gui. This gives a good picture of what is going on.
Old 04-25-2016, 08:37 AM

Wow! Great respons to my thread and lots of good thoughts here. I have tried most of the suggested actions by now and still getting the error.
I'm not a computer genius and I dont really follow exactly on all of the things you guys are talking about.
What im thinking right now is to actually try and downgrade to PT11 wich is free when you've purchased PT12. We'll see if that helps.
Old 04-25-2016, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADIrouting View Post
Got it. Let the latency mon program run for an hour before snipping a copy of the gui. This gives a good picture of what is going on.
Just saw your note as I came to post. I'll have a chance to let latencymon run for an hour later on today, so I'll do that in order to add to the conversation/info.

For the time being:
No apps running, no audio devices powered up
Average measured interrupt to process latency (us): 2.290016
Average measured interrupt to DPC latency (us): 0.587572

Latencymon, PT12.5, and windows Notepad running
Average measured interrupt to process latency (us): 2.976622
Average measured interrupt to DPC latency (us): 1.293579
PT12.5 Session running has 28 stereo audio tracks, 11Aux, 1 Master, utilizing 14 stereo bus, 2 mono bus total of 39 processing type plug ins (5 are UAD), added Click II just for fun.

I know it's relative as to what the plugins instantiated are to the demands on processing, my point is essentially, that I'm measuring with a respectable session loaded up rather than a single stereo track.
Apollo16 x2; 11 Rack; AxeFX; TwoNotesStudio; Line 6 Pod;
Artist Control, Mix, Transport; Control 1; Axiom49; NI Komplete Control
Amphion ONE15; Focal A50; HR824; and more;
Old 04-25-2016, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanonbass View Post
I knew 12 was screwed. Lucky avid has a smart user base out there that can diagnose problems for them. They seem lost at the moment with this mess.
It's just 12.5 that has the major problems. 12.4 works great for me and the new features are awesome!

Pro Tools 2024.3
Focusrite LS56
Focusrite Pro40 (2)
TC Electronic Studio Konnekt 48
Avid Artist Mix/Control
Slate Digital VRS8
Analogue Tonebuss 24 Channel
UAD-2 OCTO Core Accelerator
UAD Volt 2
macOS 10.15.7
32 GB DDR4 RAM
4.01GHz Quad-Core Intel Core I7
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 2 GB
Old 04-25-2016, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwsand View Post
It's just 12.5 that has the major problems. 12.4 works great for me and the new features are awesome!
Just curious what your plugin list consists of? I want to see what you guys with good running setups are using.
Old 04-25-2016, 03:01 PM

disabled my Click II and seems to be no more problems Win7 12.5