Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-1999, 10:27 AM

Default stereo/mono send question

I have a biginner question for you all. I'm want to create a send from an mono audio track
to a TDM reverb inserted on a stereo aux....should I send it through a stereo bus ( that's
what i've been doing ) or a mono bus send will yield the same result. For exaample from
my snare track, i create a stereo send ( bus 1-2 ) to the Lexiverb inserted on an setereo
aux. The Digi manual suggest that a mono send ( bus1 ) will do the trick. I hear it giving
the same result but I thought by bussing out from bus 1 into the bus 1-2 of my reverb aux
then the snare reverb will be panned left !!!! THanks
Old 10-31-1999, 02:24 AM

Default Re: stereo/mono send question

I would check it out both ways and see what the results are! If you don't have anything else inserted on the aux, use a mono aux.
It will change to stereo out when you insert the verb, and it will solve your input problem! Good Luck! Let me know what you find out!
Old 11-01-1999, 03:11 PM

Default Re: stereo/mono send question

err, if your source is mono, then you set up a mono aux bus (which will be stereo out as soon as you've inserted a mono/stereo effect (such as TC mega or whatever)

If you set up a stereo aux bus to use stereoreverb from stereo-sources (or if you want true stereo positioning from the send) don't forget to turn off the cross-thingy switch in your reverb(s)

------------------
[HYPERSONIC]