How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2011, 06:39 PM

Default PT9 I/O and Busses

Hi there,

I'm probably missing something, but each time I try to open an existing session, since I changed my I/O settings to be able to use the 256 busses PT9 offers, it says "Some bus path were made inactive because their mapped output paths are unavailable".

Any idea...?
Old 06-08-2011, 06:46 PM

Default Re: PT9 I/O and Busses

Exactly what it says. You have something buzzed to a place that doesn't exist. If you look at you bus menu does it show bus a and bus b menus? Bus b will show what youhave routed different to your existing session.
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 06-08-2011, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danander11 View Post
Exactly what it says. You have something buzzed to a place that doesn't exist. If you look at you bus menu does it show bus a and bus b menus? Bus b will show what youhave routed different to your existing session.
Thank you for your precious help.

I have this "a" & "b" list when I go over 128 busses. At 128 busses, no a and b list.

But, even at 128 busses (what it comes when I push the "default" button in I/O), previously created sessions opens with this error message. And those sessions only uses 32 busses, nothing more...
Old 06-08-2011, 07:31 PM

It seems like the I/O setup has to be saved with each session, even if "sessions overwrite current I/O settings when opened" is unchecked.

Now I enabled 128 busses in the I/O setup, if I open a session created when I was only using 32 busses, it says this error message (see original post). And I only got 32 busses. Then, ith the session opened, I go to the I/O menu, and enable the 128 busses, and save the session. No more error message when opened later.

Does it seems normal?
Old 06-08-2011, 07:52 PM

It's not the total number of buses that you uses.. It's how they're routed. You will find (I think versions prior to 9.0.3 that there are other routing issues as well).

I'm away from my rig this week so I can't pull up the ref guide( where's my iPhone app?).., so I'm winging it here.

If you have a session created in v8 or older.., and you have renamed any routing that you did, when you import that track into a v9 session you will get a routing message.

Say you have a track labeled KickIn and you route that to bus 1. Next you rename bus one DrumSub. You save the session and later import that track into a new session with a default bus setup, you should see that message.

Just change the send on KickIn to bus 1 in the new session and rename bus one.

Sometimes it will show your imported track bus on menu b and I italics to show it's not working.

Again, I don't have a system in front of me to test it out right now, but I think that's your issue.

Peace
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 06-09-2011, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danander11 View Post
It's not the total number of buses that you uses.. It's how they're routed. You will find (I think versions prior to 9.0.3 that there are other routing issues as well).

I'm away from my rig this week so I can't pull up the ref guide( where's my iPhone app?).., so I'm winging it here.

If you have a session created in v8 or older.., and you have renamed any routing that you did, when you import that track into a v9 session you will get a routing message.

Say you have a track labeled KickIn and you route that to bus 1. Next you rename bus one DrumSub. You save the session and later import that track into a new session with a default bus setup, you should see that message.

Just change the send on KickIn to bus 1 in the new session and rename bus one.

Sometimes it will show your imported track bus on menu b and I italics to show it's not working.

Again, I don't have a system in front of me to test it out right now, but I think that's your issue.

Peace
Thank you again for your lights

Actually I never rename any bus - I always left "bus 1, 2, 3....... etc" as they are, so it seems weird I could have an issue like this no?