Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2002, 12:47 AM

Default A Rich Mans Hobby Now

Well......get ready
http://www.npr.o rg/programs/morning/features/2002/technopop/index.html#stories

listen to this and you will understand what is going on .......... it would be like making everone able to be a DR. with no medecal school..and no prescriptions needed..most Dr. would be out of a job .....that is what is going on in music....and it may be wiping out the music side of the biz and real music peoples $$ life ......... any more comments Dave
* [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 10-29-2002, 05:03 AM

Default Re: A Rich Mans Hobby Now

"My music should be free, but its worth less and less..."

[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

1.25 Alu/1.5 ram/10.3.4
PTLE 6.4-002R-Live-Reason
Old 10-29-2002, 07:00 AM

FEAR NOT.

(that's what angels say
when they enter your consciousness)

to be a success with whatever tools you choose. you will still have to be involved in the transmission of something that can be felt by the listener whether you are the creator or facilitator.

people wan and need to be touched with song.
they will always need to affirm and defiine their new feelings with a new song and/or revisit and define their old feelings with an an old song.
SUGGESTION:
for those of you who god has gifted with the musical talent.....you need to pursue and enjoy
don't get bogged down or distratcted by negativity and stay true to your inner insticts. god is in charge and all is well and if you are gonna allow your consciousness to be raised and affirmed in this post....you'll need to make your plans larger.
choose your messenger and your message.
blessings,
a RICH man.

Old 10-29-2002, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Seller:
Well......get ready
http://www.npr.org/programs/morning/...x.html#stories

listen to this and you will understand what is going on .......... it would be like making everone able to be a DR. with no medecal school..and no prescriptions needed..most Dr. would be out of a job .....that is what is going on in music....and it may be wiping out the music side of the biz and real music peoples $$ life ......... any more comments Dave
* [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">comments? hmmm...
well, i strongly disagree. i appreciate what jimmy hunter has to say. and moreover, i am really thankful for NPR!
[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] if only commercial radio could be as true and open minded with music...
there are good professionals and bad pros. good amateurs and bad ones.
the way things are going, the "triumph of the amateurs" simply means that music will be judged and accepted more on the basis of humanity than business. money can still be made. the music can be created by artists who love to get their sonic visions realized more than anything else(like Adrian). the choices of who makes money can be made more by people who love music than by you-know-who. i think it's a wonderful evolution of humanity, and i am very thrilled to be alive as a recording musician at this time.
btw, i'm not rich either, financially that is. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-29-2002, 09:26 AM

Well come on now. Most of the people on the business don't have a clue about music. They get into it for other reasons, none of them money.

I think it's cool that a doctor who loves music can make music. When it comes down to it thats all that matters.

Wiz
Old 10-29-2002, 10:19 AM

"Sweet dreams and fine machines in pieces on the ground"
I just thought I would put this on after seeing the new copy of another great singer nude on the cover of Rolling Stone and reading Tom Petty's article in that issue..........
http://www.rollingstone.com/features...n.asp?pid=1275
........great article after seeing Stones tickets with $300++ printed on the ticket ...Thank God for NPR and records like James Taylor's October Road { which has sold over 1/2 million}.......

http://search.npr.org/cf/cmn/segment...m?segID=151548

I live to make music and it is painful to watch my good friends and there families who are so gifted not get the support they deserve

I think all of these post above are great ..many thanks...mabe all of these bits and bytes are pulling us away from the music ...I know I spend more time with the equipment stuff than I should and for me it is time to forget about the difference between 96K and 192K and remember what I got into this for ...thanks for letting me share..and for the DUC to not kick this post off...
be realistic and expect a miracle

[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-29-2002, 10:52 AM
Administrator

Minor nit to pik...
"Sweet dreams and fine machines in pieces on the ground"
The line from Fire and Rain is "Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground", referring to an early James Taylor band, The Flying Machine. Although there has long been an urban myth that it referred to a plane crash and the death of "Suzanne":
http://www.snopes.com/music/songs/firerain.htm

- Bruce, DUC Historian & Triviameister
Old 10-29-2002, 11:14 AM

You are correct Digi Web Admin and WHAT A GREAT LINK.many many thanks !.... he talks about it in the wonderful interview posted above at about 24.30 I think....If you listen to the ;Hear the entire interview.
and suggest people hear the long version if one can make the time...it takes the interview to a whole new leval...but the music has been cut out
Thank You...it made me point out the difference in the two versions.....
http://search.npr.org/cf/cmn/segm ent_display.cfm?segID=151548 [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-30-2002, 01:20 PM

Default Re: A Rich Mans Hobby Now *DELETED*

Post deleted by andyo
Old 10-30-2002, 04:55 PM

Andy ..thanks for making the time to write all of that ..if more people had that kind of motivation and depth we would all be in a better place...knowing there are folks like you is great.......Thanks [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
P.S if suzy is young and cute and dresses in dental floss it may have a chance to sell...........