Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 11-07-2014, 09:40 PM

Default Re: Ilok key says its owned by another user.

Are these new iloks?

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 11-08-2014, 11:03 AM

Hey, I'm having the same problem. Bought a brand new M-Audio M-Track Plus which came with Pro-Tools Express and an ilok. I downloaded the Ilok License Manager and everything but it's saying that the account doesn't belong to me and that it's owned by another user. I don't understand how this could be when it's brand new.. What should I do?
Old 11-08-2014, 11:25 AM
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaniitooh View Post
can anybody help me how to register a 2nd generation ilok i bought pro tools 9.0 pre owned and i already transferred the license to my account but i can't activate it because the ilok says i pre owned i have 2 of them and both say the samething plz help
Where did you get each of the 2 iLoks? If someone already registered an iLok to their own iLok account, then you would not be able to register that iLok to a different iLok account.
Old 11-08-2014, 11:29 AM
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iszreal View Post
Hey, I'm having the same problem. Bought a brand new M-Audio M-Track Plus which came with Pro-Tools Express and an ilok. I downloaded the Ilok License Manager and everything but it's saying that the account doesn't belong to me and that it's owned by another user. I don't understand how this could be when it's brand new.. What should I do?
It's possible that the dealer gave you a returned item. You should contact the dealer and ask them.

By the way, support for the M-Audio M-Track Plus and Pro Tools Express included with InMusic Brands products (M-Audio and Akai Professional) is provided by InMusic Brands:
Pro Tools Express software - Start Here!
Old 11-14-2014, 03:38 PM

I'm having the same problem as everyone else on the thread. Is there a reason you can't post the solution? My iLok says it's owned by another user, but I'm the only owner its ever had and I can't transfer my licenses to the new iLok since you've decided the old one is obsolete.

The iLok is by far the most inconvenient "convenience" I've had the displeasure of being forced to use.
Old 11-14-2014, 04:00 PM

How do you know for sure that the dealer didn't sell this, and then accepted a return, then repackaged and sold it to you. This can happen if the original purchaser lies about registering the ilok or swapping it out for and old one.. Check with the dealer.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 11-14-2014, 05:32 PM
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsvejcar View Post
I'm having the same problem as everyone else on the thread. Is there a reason you can't post the solution? My iLok says it's owned by another user, but I'm the only owner its ever had and I can't transfer my licenses to the new iLok since you've decided the old one is obsolete.

The iLok is by far the most inconvenient "convenience" I've had the displeasure of being forced to use.
It looks like this is resolved. The iLok User ID you entered when you purchased the LE to Pro Tools 11.0 Crossgrade today shows that you have an iLok 2 on that account, and the Pro Tools 11 Bundle license shows as activated (installed) on that iLok.
Old 11-28-2014, 01:27 PM

Hey man, I'm having the exact same problem. Downloaded Trigger 2 and I need to put the license on my iLok. In the license manager it's coming up saying it's owned by "another user" when I actually bought it with ProTools 11 and it's legally mine. I've been using the iLok for over a year and all the licenses work, except none of them are in my actual account anymore. This is urgent so any help with this would be very much appreciated.
Old 11-28-2014, 02:05 PM
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad254 View Post
Hey man, I'm having the exact same problem. Downloaded Trigger 2 and I need to put the license on my iLok. In the license manager it's coming up saying it's owned by "another user" when I actually bought it with ProTools 11 and it's legally mine. I've been using the iLok for over a year and all the licenses work, except none of them are in my actual account anymore. This is urgent so any help with this would be very much appreciated.
There are 2 registrations for Pro Tools 11 under your email address, with 2 different iLok User IDs. It sounds like you might be looking at the wrong iLok account.

Since it is a Slate product and not an Avid product, Avid support would not be able to view their licenses. So you would need to contact support at Slate or www.iLok.com for help with your iLok.
Old 12-19-2014, 10:56 AM

Hey Bruce,
Do you think that you could help me? I'm having the same issue in regards to not one but two iLoks saying that they're owned by another user. I was given ProTools Express with two iLoks as a gift by a college professor of mine. The iLoks appear unregistered on his account.