Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 08-11-2018, 12:45 PM

Default Eleven Rack drivers not working on new MacBook Pro I9

Howdy hivebrain,

I've just purchase a new MacBook Pro I9 and although PT seems to run ok, the drivers for my Eleven rack interface do not seem to be functioning. I've tried to install them numerous times (V1.2.13) but the computer does not see the device, nor do the options to select the 11R as my sound output appear in System Preferences (although the 11R preference pane does appear). I've also purchased the expansion pack but that will not install, nor can I run the 11R firmware updater.

Any thoughts...system info below.

Thanks in advance,

BBL

Macbook Pro 15-inch, 2018
2.9Ghz Intel core I9
32Gb Ram
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536Mb
macOS High Sierra 10.13.6
Old 08-12-2018, 11:09 AM

Default Re: Eleven Rack drivers not working on new MacBook Pro I9

Do a search through the forums for some tips as this has been discussed many times and there's some commonalities to the problem and also some unique things that have popped up with various units.

First question, with the 11R plugged in, what happens when you reinstall everything clean and then restart your computer? -- there were issues in the past where the computer would not 'see' an 11R when plugged in USB 'hot' (for lack of a better term. The solution for them was plug in the 11R before starting up the computer.

Second question, in the System Preferences pane do you see an Avid Eleven Rack System Preference pane option (not the Sound option....just an icon in a new row at the bottom.)
Old 08-14-2018, 11:15 AM

I've tried reinstalling PT2018.7 and Eleven Rack driver 1.2.13 numerous times. I'm also aware of the "USB hot swap" issue with the hardware. The Eleven Rack preferance pane does appear but reads "device not connected". There are no options under Sound preferences to select anything other than the internal I/O. Pro Tools aggregate appears in Audio Midi Setup but not the 11R.

I feel like it's just a waiting game until Avid releases a software fix for the new I9 MacBook Pro and High Sierra 10.13.6
Old 09-27-2018, 11:39 AM

Bump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2018, 11:38 PM

0. And what exactly is the problem you are having? On what computer?

1. Y'all checked the magic security box in Systems Preferences>Security & Privacy to enable the driver to run?... has been mentioned many times before here on DUC...

2. Make sure the computer never sleep/suspends with the Eleven Rack connected (and disable that in system preferences as yo are supposed to in the Pro Tools install/optimization guide) or the driver will hang. Try fully rebooting the computer.

3. There is no "USB hot swap" issue. (mentioned earlier in this thread) there is a computer sleep/suspend issue (#2 above).