Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 06-15-2018, 06:34 PM

Default Live Setup Setlist

Hi there,

I am planning to play live with the Eleven Rack. Such a great one. But I have one important question: Is there any possibility to program a setlist? I know that you can choose the save slots in the Eleven Rack Editor. But a tool to program the setlist quickly would be nice. I prefer the right order for my setlist. And sometimes it changes. So what can I do expect saving the presets manuelly on the right letter(A-Z). Thats very tedious and costs a lot of time.
What are your suggestions?
I think some people play live and have already this problem.
Old 06-16-2018, 02:20 PM

Default Re: Live Setup Setlist

Yes it is a problem. The Editor is your best bet.

There was a SysEx librarian created a long time ago and still have the files but I found it easier to just adjust the foot switch patches in the Ground Control Pro instead.

I reorder the Ground Control Pro presets instead of the Eleven Rack's order.
Old 06-16-2018, 06:35 PM

I haven´t a Ground Control Pro. I use a Boss GT 100 and control the 11 Rack with it. The advantage with this setup is that i have a backup solution for the 11 Rack in form of the Boss Gt 100.
So you think there is no other possibility like saving manually the presets on the right slots with the editor?
So it makes no sense for me to save the presets in the right order. Maybe we play another order at the next gig.
What do you mean with SysEx librarian. Is this a solution for my problem?
How do other live players here handle my problem?
Old 06-16-2018, 07:49 PM

I use a RJM Mastermind GT22 to accomplish this. There is also a 10 & 16 version available. Not the cheapest option but IMHO it's the best controller on the market, not least of all because of the constant firmware updates and second to none support. The software editor makes organizing multiple setlists a snap.

https://www.rjmmusic.com/mastermind-gt-22/

http://www.rjmmusic.com/wiki/index.p...s_and_Setlists

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AERO D
CPU: Intel Alder Lake Core i9-12900K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (2x 32gb 5200MHz)
Drives: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (Record & Samples)
1 x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (OS Win 11 Pro)

GPU:Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 PCIE 4
PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850 Platinim
CASE: Fractal Define XL R2
PT 11HD (v11.3.2) Omni s/pdif <> AxeFxIII
HD 96I/O

Last edited by zedhed; 06-16-2018 at 09:27 PM.
Old 06-17-2018, 07:43 AM

Its a little bit hard to understad for me. You have a midi controller thats clear. Than you connect your midi controller with the eleven rack. The next step is to connect the midi controller with the pc and then you have a programm or tool to order the setlist on the midi controler. Is it right? And now the most important thing: When you change some presets and save it to another number via the midi controller programm, change the presets on the eleven rack also?
Hope you understand my question
Old 06-17-2018, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackypoint View Post
Its a little bit hard to understad for me. You have a midi controller thats clear. Than you connect your midi controller with the eleven rack. The next step is to connect the midi controller with the pc and then you have a programm or tool to order the setlist on the midi controler. Is it right? And now the most important thing: When you change some presets and save it to another number via the midi controller programm, change the presets on the eleven rack also?
Hope you understand my question
The way it works with the midi controller I use is this;
Connect midi controller to computer (USB)>open software editor on PC>organize setlists>transfer new info from editor to controller.

The midi controller is now setup to control the 11R.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AERO D
CPU: Intel Alder Lake Core i9-12900K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (2x 32gb 5200MHz)
Drives: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (Record & Samples)
1 x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (OS Win 11 Pro)

GPU:Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 PCIE 4
PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850 Platinim
CASE: Fractal Define XL R2
PT 11HD (v11.3.2) Omni s/pdif <> AxeFxIII
HD 96I/O

Last edited by zedhed; 06-17-2018 at 06:55 PM.
Old 06-18-2018, 08:52 AM

Ok, so you've already got a MIDI controller. Can you reorder the presets in the BOSS easily?

I assume you already know the corresponding MIDI for each patch / preset in the 11R.

You should be able to leave the 11R order as it is and then the order would be in your BOSS. If you reorder the 11R's patches, then the assignment number of that 'song' would change and you'd have to re-program the BOSS.

Here's a link to the 11R Editor and that's your easiest 'reordering' choice.
https://connect.avid.com/eleven-rack-editor.html
Old 06-18-2018, 10:11 AM

Yeah with the Boss gt100 its very easy to create a setlist and change the order quickly and I have the Eleven Rack Editor also and I have connected the GT 100 via Midi with the Eleven Rack and can control it. So you mean when I reorder my setlist with the GT 100 Editor the presets of the Eleven Rack would be reorder too, because of Midi connection?
For example: When I will move A1 preset to B1 on the Eleven Rack can I move this on my Boss GT100 from A1 to B1 via the Boss Editor and the preset will moves on the Eleven Rack also?

The other way I found is to edit an XML File when you create a complete rig backup with the Eleven Rack. There is an XML File and you can change the order of the patches.
Old 06-18-2018, 07:42 PM

The SysEx Librarian was exactly for accessing the XML file. If you got that to work already then you understood my first comment.

Ah....I see how you're doing it. Yeah, in that case you must re-order the Boss then re-order the 11R with the Editor to match. 1A/A1 or vice-versa (not sure the BOSS' numbering system.

I'll have to DL the 11R manual again and read it before I talk out of my ass. But the approach is that instead of sending the matching Program Change code to the 11R on its MIDI channel you can instead send the code for a specific patch. Can you control in the BOSS software what MIDI is sent?