Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 08-11-2018, 01:30 AM

Default Eleven rack stuck on Boot Screen

My Eleven rack won't boot up and is stuck on the splash screen. It seems a fairly common problem and I have tried all the reset options.It has been used maybe 50 times is in pristine condition and has never left My house but is out of warranty. When I opened it up the green led flashes but the 2 red led lights stay on and don't flash. I bought it new also the expansion pack so I have spent a shirtload of money on it.
Can any one give Me some suggestions or ideas or am I flogging a dead horse?

Last edited by buska100; 08-17-2018 at 10:39 PM.
Old 08-11-2018, 06:11 AM

Default Re: Eleven rack stuck on Boot Screen

Try leaving it unplugged for 15 minutes. Then plug it back in and try one of the Sweetwater reset methods.

Factory Reset

System Details
Old 08-11-2018, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkgear View Post
Try leaving it unplugged for 15 minutes. Then plug it back in and try one of the Sweetwater reset methods.

Factory Reset
Thanks for Your response. I have tried those methods numerous times over the last 2 days with no luck.
Old 08-17-2018, 10:33 PM

Anyone else with any possible suggestions??
After this experience with buying a new eleven rack (My first unit had issues and replaced U/warranty) I will never touch anything made by AVID ever again. This problem seems quite common especially it seems in countries that have higher voltages such as Australia's 240v
It looks like it is built like a tank but it is obviously a flawed design.
Old 05-03-2020, 04:02 PM

Hi all!

I have found a way to fix the "stuck on splashScreen" issue. I have worked long and hard to come up with the "technique" and it requires special tools and electronic expertise. I will not share the mentioned technique but can offer the repair service for a fee.

I am an electronic engineer with long experience in troubleshooting and repairing high tech devices.

Contact me if interested. A short video of the internal leds (you'll need to remove the top cover) will help me tell you if I can help.
I am located in the Montreal, QC area.
Old 05-04-2020, 02:30 PM

Hi its me again with the 11R "stuck on splash" repair. I was hoping to make a little $ with repairs but as most of the responders are in Europe this is not going to happen ;-).

So here is the trick. The theory is that one of the DSPs (the leftmost in my case) had broken solder joints. I used a heat gun to "refresh" the solders.

Be VERY carefull not to overheat as components on the other side of the PCB will start falling off. This is by no way a guaranteed process and you may cause mode damage if you do not know what you are doing.

For those who are willing to pay the shipping expenses or live near Montreal, I'll be happy to apply the procedure for a reasonable fees.
Old 05-04-2020, 02:45 PM

Hi its me again with the 11R "stuck on splash" repair. I was hoping to make a little $ with repairs but as most of the responders are in Europe this is not going to happen ;-).

So here is the trick. The theory is that one of the DSPs (the leftmost in my case) had broken solder joints. I used a heat gun to "refresh" the solders.

Be VERY carefull not to overheat as components on the other side of the PCB will start falling off. This is by no way a guaranteed process and you may cause mode damage if you do not know what you are doing.

For those who are willing to pay the shipping expenses or live near Montreal, I'll be happy to apply the procedure for a reasonable fees.