Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 06-04-2018, 12:17 AM

Default 11 rack won’t boot - FIX, maybe

For those of you with 11’s stuck on the boot screen, I have had luck with the following fix.

Take the top off the unit and follow the wires from the plug, to the switch and out to the power conditioner with the little yellow coil with High Voltage written on it. You will see a little white plastic screw with a Phillips head. Mine was glued in place with a green glue. Make sure the power is OFF and slowly adjust this screw about 1mm either way. Stop, turn on unit and wait until it boots. If it doesn’t boot, Re try the steps by adjusting the screw a little more. It may take a while until you find the sweet spot.

I think this screw adjusts the voltage supplied to the unit after it is stepped down from 110 or 240volts depending on where you live. Can I please reiterate. MAKE SURE THE POWeR IS OFF before poking around with a screw driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gibson Guitars
Washburn Guitars
Michael Kelly Guitars
Yamaha Bass
Roland TD30K
EZ Drummer 2
Superior Drummer 2.2
Old 08-10-2018, 09:18 PM

Default Re: 11 rack won’t boot - FIX, maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad383music View Post
For those of you with 11’s stuck on the boot screen, I have had luck with the following fix.

Take the top off the unit and follow the wires from the plug, to the switch and out to the power conditioner with the little yellow coil with High Voltage written on it. You will see a little white plastic screw with a Phillips head. Mine was glued in place with a green glue. Make sure the power is OFF and slowly adjust this screw about 1mm either way. Stop, turn on unit and wait until it boots. If it doesn’t boot, Re try the steps by adjusting the screw a little more. It may take a while until you find the sweet spot.

I think this screw adjusts the voltage supplied to the unit after it is stepped down from 110 or 240volts depending on where you live. Can I please reiterate. MAKE SURE THE POWeR IS OFF before poking around with a screw driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I will give this a go when I get home, Fingers crossed that it will work. I have tried every thing suggested by others over the past 2 days and was thinking I have an expensive Orange Paperweight. Thanks in advance(hopefully it will work)
Old 08-11-2018, 01:03 AM

Default Re: 11 rack won’t boot - FIX, maybe

G'Day Mate. I tried Your suggestion but unfortunately no joy.
After this experience with buying a new eleven rack (My first unit had issues and replaced U/warranty) and the expansion pack( a shirtload of money) and using it maybe 50 times(it is in pristine condition and never left My house... but out of warranty) I will never touch anything made by AVID ever again. This problem seems common.
It looks like it is built like a tank but it is obviously a flawed design.

Last edited by buska100; 08-11-2018 at 01:17 AM.