Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2011, 04:04 PM

Default Re: AVIDs Website is the most confusing site I have ever browsed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logichead View Post
Or FINDS them. Best...H
What he meant here, is that the link that were posted in 2009 were obviously not used that much since no one actually bothered to warn the admin of this forum that they were not linking to where they should be.

Wave-T.com
Old 09-22-2011, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emcha_audio View Post
You do realize that the post you linked us to was written in 2009, and there's been changes to the Avid main site? SO logically, it's not the avid main site that is wrong, it's the post that is wrong for not having been updated with the proper new page location.
Maybe I am wrong. But my understanding in web design is that you redirect links rather than delete them from a website. If this was properly done, then all links would work properly no matter how old the posts were. I am assuming that all the broken links are due to the poor website.

Sorry, I didn't mean to poke at the Admins in the forum. I love this forum and feel that a lot of attention is taken to make this a great place to get help and find answers. So I apologize if I came across being ungrateful for the hard work that goes into keeping these forums moderated and maintained.

We love you DigiTechSupt!!!
160 GB RAM
macOS 11.7.4
Noisebox Studios -Utah Recording Studio
Old 09-23-2011, 02:38 AM

Well there are ways to have links re-parsed so that they follow the changes with a website. But it seems it didn't work when they did their changes.

Wave-T.com
Old 09-23-2011, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logichead View Post
Or FINDS them. Best...H

My thoughts exactly.
Old 09-26-2011, 11:59 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzi45Z View Post
Maybe I am wrong. But my understanding in web design is that you redirect links rather than delete them from a website. If this was properly done, then all links would work properly no matter how old the posts were. I am assuming that all the broken links are due to the poor website.

Sorry, I didn't mean to poke at the Admins in the forum. I love this forum and feel that a lot of attention is taken to make this a great place to get help and find answers. So I apologize if I came across being ungrateful for the hard work that goes into keeping these forums moderated and maintained.

We love you DigiTechSupt!!!
Many of the links went to the old Digidesign site which, for various reasons, could not be referenced externally, thus doing a redirect wouldn't work. The links were supposed to have been auto-corrected using a find and replace script, but some may have been overlooked/unknown to us as needing replacement.

Hopefully it's all squared away now.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:38 PM

And don't forget to check the broken link under Pro Tools Help
Old 09-30-2011, 06:46 PM

I love Pro Tools but I can't even get my new update to work on XP, plus the site is a hassle and I get few answers on the forums that help, it looks like I am going to have to erase my whole hard drive and start over, and back everything up all the time which is smart but there should be a fix for a re-install of PT on my machine. VST wrappers are a pain too! There are so many better site that could be an influence.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimimaz3 View Post
I love Pro Tools but I can't even get my new update to work on XP, plus the site is a hassle and I get few answers on the forums that help, it looks like I am going to have to erase my whole hard drive and start over, and back everything up all the time which is smart but there should be a fix for a re-install of PT on my machine. VST wrappers are a pain too! There are so many better site that could be an influence.
If you're talking about PT9 you need to run Windows 7. See this page:

http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...p?DocId=380535

So it looks like you'll probably be getting a new computer because most machines that were built in the time frame for XP won't have the horsepower to run Win7 with any real success. That's unless you've got a real fire-breather.

Edit: just saw your system specs in another thread and that system will not be of much use for Win7. Maybe you can use it as a slave machine for a new computer.

QAPLA!
Old 10-01-2011, 06:13 PM

Agreed it's a mess. For what it's worth, while navigating Avid's site today a survey window came up asking what I thought of the site across many questions. I vented my frustrations giving mostly 1's and a few 2's where I felt generous (on a scale of 1-10, 1 being the low end of course).

At least they seem to be looking at it?
Old 10-02-2011, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThosSounds View Post

At least they seem to be looking at it?

He he you wish it's just like the ideascale thing.. To keep us occupied not whining

But please do give negative feedback on the survey, maybe someone will check it if the HD on the server finally gets full