Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2012, 12:13 AM

Default Cannot authorize plug-ins

Can someone please help me with getting my plugins authorized? When I start Pro Tools, and try to authorize my Plug-ins, I keep getting the following error messages:

"This version of Classic Compressor Plug-ins requres authorization to run, but the authorization cannot be found in the installed iLok (serial number xxxxxxxxxx)

If you have a license card for this product and wish to use it to authorize this iLok, check the "Use license card" check box and press the "Next" button. Uncheck the box if you wish to authorize your iLok using an alternative method."

Here's my setup:

- iMac, i5 2.5GHz, 4GB RAM
- Mac OS X 7.6.8
- Pro Tools LE 8.0.5 (I've run the softwareupdater, and it says it's up to date) and working properly, I also registered it (digidesign.com/reg and /activation)
- Installed the latest iLok client and driver from ilok.com (logged out, restarted, etc.)
- iLok.com Account History shows my iLok has been synchronized
- Mbox Pro II driver installed and working properly

I had my plug-ins authorized and working on my previous Macbook, but I have since bought a new iMac and reinstalled everything. I downgraded to Snow Leopard, because at the time I bought it, Pro Tools didn't work with Lion. I haven't used Pro Tools in a year, because all that time I haven't been able to get it working (then, I was having troubles with the Mbox Pro, which I have fixed).

Here's a list of the plug-ins I'm trying to authorize:

- bombfactory BF-2A.dpm
- bombfactory BF-3A.dpm
- Fairchild 660.dpm
- Fairchild 670.dpm
- Purple Audio MC77.dpm
- SoundReplacer.dpm
- Tel-Ray Delay.dpm
- TL EveryPhase.dpm
- Voce Chorus-Vibrato.dpm
- Voce Spin.dpm

And yes, my iLok is plugged in when I try to authorize the plug-ins. I'm not using a USB hub. The only other thing that is plugged is the Mbox (I've tried it without the Mbox plugged in too - and in different ports).
Old 12-01-2012, 12:33 AM

Default Re: Cannot authorize plug-ins

So what exact licenses are on the iLok?

My first guess is you simply don't have licenses for these and should delete the corresponding plugin files.

Darryl
Old 12-01-2012, 01:11 AM

Default Re: Cannot authorize plug-ins

Darryl raises a good point. I think those plugins are NOT part of the stock package and require an extra iLok asset. Of maybe the card has a code that you need to redeem at ilok.com to get the asset activated(and you would then need to load it onto your iLok).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave