Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2010, 07:03 AM

Post Pro Tools M-Powered 8 AND Windows 7 users !

Has anybody that is currently using Pro Tools M-Powered 8 on a Windows 7 platform been experiencing any problems?? be it 64-bit windows 7.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:25 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools M-Powered 8 AND Windows 7 users !

I used PT8 with Win7/64 for some time and have had no problems
Old 12-16-2010, 03:37 PM

i have protools 8.0.4 with w8 64bit, and lot of problem is impossible to use with low latency low of 256 , for monitor the input sound .
i have setting all with the tutorial ...but is the same. no LOW LATENCY with
midi interface.

who use protools in w7 64 with no problem and record with low latency?
Memoria Totale : 4GB DDR3 SO-DIMM
Velocità Bus di Memoria : 2x 532MHz (1GHz)

Video : NVIDIA GeForce G105M (16 SM4.1 1.23GHz, 512MB DDR3 128-bit, PCIe 2.00 x16)

Seagate ST9320423AS (320GB, SATA300, 2.5", 7200rpm, 16MB Cache)

Sistema Windows : Microsoft Windows 7 Home 6.01.7601 (Service Pack 1)
Conformità della piattaforma : x64

maudio 410, maudio solo
windows vista,quad core intel
Old 12-19-2010, 11:45 PM

Smile Re: Pro Tools M-Powered 8 AND Windows 7 users !

the problem I have now is I can't upgrade from 8.0.3 to 8.0.4 or at least i don't think I can. I use the upgrade file but there is no evidence I have used it. The Protools flash screen says I am still using 8.0.3
Old 12-26-2010, 07:20 PM

I am having some success with pt 8.0.3 (not sure how to upgrade it to 8.0.4 or if I need to) using a project mix and Windows 7 64 bit... The main issues I have/had are with sequencing... I've found it's not hard to crash my system if I attempted to do anything remotely dubious (like I can't switch from PT to my cubase system and switch the projectmix modes without crashing, which I think is probably the project mix driver)... I found you have to power up the project mix, then the system then protools... I did a lot of wrestling to set it up, and as you'll see in another thread, it doesn't always start recording on both tracks of a stereo thread immediately (it takes a few seconds for the left track to come alive)..

This may have more to do with spdif and my project mix, but it's all digidesign/m-audio so I really expected 100% smooth sailing... But once I iron it out, I'm sure I'll be happy :)
Old 12-29-2010, 09:00 AM

I've been using PT 8.0.4 for about 3 weeks now on a 64-bit Win 7 system. The only times I run into trouble are when I don't follow the proper power-up procedure. I have a ProFire 610 as my audio interface, so the way it has to work is (in this order): Power up ProFire, wait about 10 seconds, power up PC, let everything load (background apps, internet connectivity, etc), launch PT. This has worked very solidly as long as I follow those steps.

Typically I record all of my band's practices through the use of an overhead mic on a mono track. Great for referrencing and jam recording...you never know what kind of gems you can pull out of that. But here's the trick. When I hit record and start the session, I do not touch it until we're done...sometimes about 2 hours later. When I finally hit stop, I have to wait about 5+ minutes for the audio to rebuild all of its peaks and repopulate the edit window BEFORE I can start cutting out the silence and dead space. I've noticed that if I try to start cutting the wav file before it repopulates, the peaks are WAAAAAY off from that point in the session all the way to the end, causing horrible static and digital glitches (unbearable) througout the rest of the session. This is not reversible to my knowledge as I've tried to salvage the sessions in other audio editors, and nothing fixes it.

So if you're in a situation like this, BE PATIENT! Otherwise make sure you are following the proper boot/power-up procedure, make sure all drivers are up to date, and you should be in great shape. PT can be extremely picky about all of this and cause more headaches than it's worth, so be diligent. Hope this helps.
Old 12-29-2010, 03:50 PM

I'm getting a constant static in PT8 with windows 64 bit, which nobody can help out with. goodluck!