Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 11-29-2011, 09:37 PM

Default Control 24 users?

Hi all...

I'm considering the switch to 10 here soon but I'm concerned about losing my Control 24 functionality. Naturally, I can't even find the compatibility info on Avid's painfully tedious site.

So, I'm wondering if it's compatible, and if any of you have experiences to report? Are things running OK? I'm an HDII user on a G5, considering a full-on switch to native here soon.

As a bonus question, all links I can find to the hardware exchange programs are dead and just lead to Avid's main page. Does anyone have updated links to the exchange rates for my hardware?

Thanks in advance!
Old 11-29-2011, 09:52 PM

Default Re: Control 24 users?

Sweetwater usually has exchange prices available on their site

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/HDXHD2-HDXhd/

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/HDXLeg-HDNat/

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/HDXHD2-HDx/

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/sear...?s=HD+exchange

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 11-29-2011, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky3000 View Post
Hi all...

I'm considering the switch to 10 here soon but I'm concerned about losing my Control 24 functionality. Naturally, I can't even find the compatibility info on Avid's painfully tedious site.

So, I'm wondering if it's compatible, and if any of you have experiences to report? Are things running OK? I'm an HDII user on a G5, considering a full-on switch to native here soon.
Hi,

Yes the control 24 works ok on PT10

Your G5 of course will not!! PT10 only runs on Intel

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:10 AM

I'm hoping these and the Command 8 will work when PT 11 comes out - I know they won't be officially supported , but I do hope they will work. I understand not supporting a now legacy audio interface like the 003, but these are midi controllers, not audio interfaces. I get it, they are older pieces of hardware, but with a Command 24, It's not just the hardware you have to replace ; those desks that they mount in aren't cheap either.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smpkeys View Post
I'm hoping these and the Command 8 will work when PT 11 comes out - I know they won't be officially supported , but I do hope they will work. I understand not supporting a now legacy audio interface like the 003, but these are midi controllers, not audio interfaces. I get it, they are older pieces of hardware, but with a Command 24, It's not just the hardware you have to replace ; those desks that they mount in aren't cheap either.
Hi,

Yes would be a shame! But the control surface could be the least of your problems. PT11 Will require HDX cards and all new interfaces. Possibly a new computer. Immence plugin upgrade costs and a rewire of your equipment.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crizdee View Post
Hi,

Yes would be a shame! But the control surface could be the least of your problems. PT11 Will require HDX cards and all new interfaces. Possibly a new computer. Immence plugin upgrade costs and a rewire of your equipment.

Chris
Thanks for the info Chris, and yeah... I'm painfully aware of the new rig costs involved.

Hey, just wondering... where are you hearing this info about PT11 being so radically different and how would it affect your purchase if you were doing what I'm considering right now?

Thanks!