Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 12-10-2016, 11:41 AM

Default "SUPPORT AVID"... err..."AVID Support" Plan...

So my "SUPPORT AVID" (as I now call it) plan is up for renewal. For what I'm paying for HD and the promises that the subscription cost will be worth it in exchange for more regular updates (like 12.6 that didn't work and locked me out of PT for a day and lost work, only to revert to 12.5.1 till they fixed the MIDI delay in 12.6.1)...
and quick support for any issues... like when I upgraded to Sierra this week and my S3 will not connect to PT...so I called support and they promised a call back same day...and asked if the matter affected my work...answer...YES... and it's been 2 days and NO CALL BACK.

Glad someone is benefitting from this arrangement.

So, I guess it's Support AVID another year and hope that maybe I'll get better service and working releases next year.

Last edited by littlesicily; 12-10-2016 at 01:15 PM.
Old 12-11-2016, 12:30 PM

Default Re: "SUPPORT AVID"... err..."AVID Support" Plan...

Still no call back...
Old 12-12-2016, 11:57 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlesicily View Post
Still no call back...
Hello littlesicily,

One of the PT HD Techs should be in touch with you anytime soon. Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
Tope
Old 12-12-2016, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Hello littlesicily,

One of the PT HD Techs should be in touch with you anytime soon. Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
Tope
I received a call back about an hour ago, but the tech needed to replicate the issue on his end. I'm expecting another call soon and hopefully top resolve the issue. Thanks.
Old 12-12-2016, 12:09 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlesicily View Post
I received a call back about an hour ago, but the tech needed to replicate the issue on his end. I'm expecting another call soon and hopefully top resolve the issue. Thanks.
Thanks for the info. Will keep my eye on this one. If you have other concerns, feel free to let us know and we'll be here to help.

Best regards,
Tope
Old 12-12-2016, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Thanks for the info. Will keep my eye on this one. If you have other concerns, feel free to let us know and we'll be here to help.

Best regards,
Tope
Thanks Tope. Much appreciated as this is my full-time livelihood and I have a line of paying clients depending on me.
Old 12-12-2016, 07:14 PM

Tech was very nice, but unable to get my S3 to work. Eucontrol kept locking up. He worked on it for a couple hours and said he'd call back tmrw after speaking to colleagues at Avid. Apparently, PT12.6.1, Sierra + Eucon has issues for lots of other people according to tech.
This evening I decided to take another Hard Drive and ONLY install Sierra, PT12.6.1HD, HD Driver and Eucontrol. Still no luck. I then tried inserting a coupler/crossover between the S3 and Mac (previously S3 to cat6 hub to Mac which was working and still functional in Mavericks)... I had tried this previously with no luck but it finally allowed the S3 to show up in Eucontrol and add to "my devices". Once I got it working, I booted up from my main Sierra SSD and it's now working!!
Not sure what reset during this process but glad I got it figured out.
I'll pass this on to the tech tmrw in case anyone else is having similar issues.

Last edited by littlesicily; 12-13-2016 at 09:10 AM.