Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2009, 01:25 PM

Default Importing files into a session

A few versions ago in Pro Tools LE, Digidesign added a window that comes up whenever you Import a file into a session. This window asks whether you want the imported file to be added to the Region List or whether you want it to be added to a New Track (and PT would then create a new track on which to put that file).

I *always* want the imported file to simply be placed in the Region List, not be added to a newly created track.

Question: Is there a way to get Pro Tools to just default to this action so I don't have to see that screen every time I import a file? (This would mimmic the behavior of Pro Tools before this extra dialog box was added a few versions ago.)

(Hey, Digi: If there isn't a way to do this, there ought to be. It ought to be an option in Preferences. It would save a short step in the workflow.)

I'm using Pro Tools LE 8. But this additional dialog box was added a while back, like around 7.3 or thereabouts. (Don't remember exactly when it was added.)

Randy