Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 09-17-2019, 05:55 AM

Default Re: What happened to my plugins?

Again though, downloading a bunch of files via links is not installing them.

If you’re saying you haven’t installed anything except the new version of PT, then I can almost guarantee that’s why you’re not seeing any of those plugins.

If you go into your AAX plugin folder on your Mac HD, do you see these plugins in there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-17-2019, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post
Again though, downloading a bunch of files via links is not installing them.

If you’re saying you haven’t installed anything except the new version of PT, then I can almost guarantee that’s why you’re not seeing any of those plugins.

If you go into your AAX plugin folder on your Mac HD, do you see these plugins in there?

I definitely haven't downloaded them on my new computer.

When I open PT (on the new computer), I get a message telling me that I do not own these plugins, and then I get redirected to Avids website where I can purchase them.

Unless there was a huge bug/oversight when I initially purchased my PT licenses, I am quite sure that I already own these plugins.

If I swap my Ilok to my macbook, I can open these plugins absolutely fine on that computer.

I don't understand why I'm being made to buy something that I've owned for 2 - 3 years, and still do own! just on inferior hardware.
Old 09-17-2019, 11:44 AM

Your iLok does not have the licenses, which is why the new install tells you to buy licenses. I have no idea why your PT11 is okay but on your new system you surely need the licenses.
Old 09-17-2019, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Your iLok does not have the licenses, which is why the new install tells you to buy licenses. I have no idea why your PT11 is okay but on your new system you surely need the licenses.
As I have previously stated, this is a pretty frustrating response.

I have thoroughly explained why.

I own an absolute plethora of plugins that do not require an Ilok license.

I don't think that it was a mistake on my part that I never noticed that these plugins did not show up on my ILM. Surely you also own plugins which do not require an ilok license?

The fact that avid have accidentally given me these plugins (I can only assume this is what happened,) has not been any favour to me at all, it has been only a detriment. None of these plugins do anything which could not be achieved by at least 3 other free plugins, and now these have effectively ruined all of my old project files, unless of course I give in and fork over the money.

I'm pretty disappointed with Avid about this.

Where can I speak to customer support or give feedback?
Old 09-17-2019, 05:12 PM

Ok I’ll try one more time.

Putting the iLok authorisation question aside as I have no idea if those plugins require an iLok to run, if you haven’t installed these plugins, how do you expect to have them on your new computer?

You’re saying it gives you an error when you try to use them. I’m going to assume you’re opening an old session and because the plugins are not installed but instantiated, it will give you an error alerting you that you don’t have said plugins. This is normal.

So, go to your AVID account, download those plugins and install them on your new system. Then fire up those old sessions as see how you go.

If those plugins didn’t require iLok authorisations on PT11, it’s a pretty safe bet they don’t on PT2019. I can’t say for sure, but it’s a pretty educated guess.

Old 09-17-2019, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post
Ok I’ll try one more time.

Putting the iLok authorisation question aside as I have no idea if those plugins require an iLok to run, if you haven’t installed these plugins, how do you expect to have them on your new computer?

You’re saying it gives you an error when you try to use them. I’m going to assume you’re opening an old session and because the plugins are not installed but instantiated, it will give you an error alerting you that you don’t have said plugins. This is normal.

So, go to your AVID account, download those plugins and install them on your new system. Then fire up those old sessions as see how you go.

If those plugins didn’t require iLok authorisations on PT11, it’s a pretty safe bet they don’t on PT2019. I can’t say for sure, but it’s a pretty educated guess.

Thank you for your efforts.

As stated earlier, when I get redirected to the Avid website, I am presented with a page which suggests that I must buy these plugins. I cannot simply download them!

I am very familiar with changing computers, and PT telling me a plugin is missing, and having to re-download it. This is nothing new to me.

What is different in this case is that I cannot just download it, Avid wants me to pay for these plugins which I have been using hassle free for years
Old 09-17-2019, 05:49 PM

Default What happened to my plugins?

You’re getting redirected from within the PT session?

What I am saying, is log in to your AVID account and look for the installer downloads there. The same place your PT installer is.

Is that where you are looking?

Old 09-17-2019, 06:55 PM

There is a lot of stuff not clear in this thread, and a lot of time seems to been wasted not making progress (you need to pay more careful attention to what folks like Sardi are saying/asking). DUC is also not Avid's support service, you likely should contact support (see the end of this post).

If you want to know what plugins come standard with Pro Tools. You Google that. Asking that question here is just wasting yours and everybody elses time. Careful Googling you'll find info for old versions of Pro Tools like 11. Like this. http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...AvidAAXPlugins

You are very light on providing exact details. Please provide these now:

What is the list of every plugin you are having problem with?

What is the *exact* text of the error message you get? (same for all plugins)

For both of these computers: What is the exact version of Pro Tools, the exact OS, and the exact version of ILM.

Did you install or Pro Tools *First* on any of these computers? At any time, before or after Pro Tools standard? Is it still installed?

Is there any chance at all you are accidentally running Pro Tools First when you think you are starting Pro Tools 11? Check what the splash screen or "About" box says.

What standard/basic troubleshooting have you done? Trash Prefs? Reinstalled Pace ILM?

How many iLoks do you own? Are they all listed in your iLok account?

What are all the plugins showing up in your Avid account? Not stuff you find on the web, but actually listed in your Avid account on Avid.com for download?

In your Avid Account on Avid.com what is listed under "Order History" be sure to look under each year it lists. What is under "Cancelled and Expired Subscription"? Copy and past that ASCII text here.

You purchased something... so if that is not showing up in your Avid account can you find the receipt, of confirmation email. What *exactly* does that say?

---

Orange Phaser as one example is not (in Pro Tools 11 at least) a standard Pro Tools Plugin. You either purchased it or got it as a part of some promotional bundle. I cannot recall all the different promotions but when Avid has run some of them for like a license renewal it was made pretty clear they are an annual license only, others bundles/licenses including from third parties are perpetual.

Plugins like Orange Phaser will not normally work without an iLock authorization. So if they are working on one computer you must have an authorization on your iLok (or via the cloud for newer Pro Tools Releases, after 2018... I don't think you can license plugins via the cloud with Pro Tools 11) ... I don't care it does not work on the other computer for now. Make some progress by trying to finding the iLok authorization that is letting it work at all... what exactly is that? Is it part of say the Avid Complete Plugin bundle? Where is it on your iLok or now in your iLok account. Post a screenshot of the details of that licenses.

Could you have purchased an individual plugins on the other computer (maybe even via Pro Tools First?) from the online marketplace. Any chance you did that? Any chance somebody else using the computer did?

Any chance you have multiple Avid accounts or iLok accounts, maybe without realizing it? Maybe using different email addresses? Anybody else use these computers also have and have an Avid account?

How do you contact Avid support? Again, dude use Google. Or start at the Avid website. You would have found https://www.avid.com/learn-and-suppo...-music-support.

I'm not so confident you have a generic licensing issue here, I suspect there is more to this, with what has happened on these computers before or purchases by you or others. If I was you I would purchase an ASC and contact support. When you get a case number post it on this thread and folks here may be able to help escalate things if needed. Expect support to want answers to most of the above questions and maybe more. And if you want to make quick progress I would go into that process with the assumption that you need somebody in support to help you sort out a problem you may have helped create... not that you want to "give feedback" to Avid. if it turns out to be all their problem, *then* give feedback... and ask for a refund for that ASC. The main reasons you should be contacting support is they can directly look at your Avid and iLok accounts and see what is going on there.

At some point all this may get irrelevant. The Avid Complete Plugin bundle is a great deal at $50/year. Or it's included if you move to a current annual subscription. If you want to do a lot with Pro Tools you may just want that bundle. Which will likely include all the Avid plugins you are talking about.
Old 09-17-2019, 06:59 PM

There hasn't been a case of Avid moving non-ilok plugins to ilok.
Post a screenshot of your ilok licenses from the iLok manager sorted by publisher for the Avid section.

If Avid "gave" you access to plugins, then they had to give you ilok licenses. The plugins are wrapped in iLok security other than the core plugins (which are authorised by the main Pro Tools license.)

Avid/Digidesign has been a strong user of ilok for a long time. There are zero plugins from them that don't use ilok in one way or the other. If you are using cracked software on your laptop, then this discussion is over (against forum rules.) I can tell you that the Orange Phaser is part of the Complete Plugin Bundle. So either you need/have that bundle license or the individual license.

Also, if you haven't installed them of course you can't run them. They are part of separate installers (or the combo Complete Plugin Bundle.) You need to go to your my.avid.com account and find the installers under your "My Products and Subscriptions." You actually haven't given any details of your system. What version of Pro Tools are you installing on the new computer? What operating system is the new computer?
Old 09-17-2019, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
There is a lot of stuff not clear in this thread, and a lot of time seems to been wasted not making progress (you need to pay more careful attention to what folks like Sardi are saying/asking). DUC is also not Avid's support service, you likely should contact support (see the end of this post).
I apologise, and thank you so so much. I really don't use pro tools that much any more and am unfamiliar with the workings.

I am posting in DUC because in the past, I have struggled to contact support at all. A few years ago, support in Australia was incredibly limited. I actually purchased an ASC in the past, but nobody ever responded to my issue, and nothing at all eventuated from this.
After seeking advice online, someone on a different forum (I can't remember which,) recommended that if I live in Aus I should just post on these boards instead of relying on Avid Support. I followed this advice, got my problems fixed, and Avid refunded me for the purchase of my ASC.

I don't know if things have changed since then.

I know that I have not provided enough information, but nobody else has gone into 10% as much detail as you have in asking specific questions that I can answer properly. I know all of this probably seems like a cakewalk to you guys, and you probably think it's obvious to me what information I need to provide, but Avids accounts and licensing system is utterly confusing to me, and I really do need things thoroughly explained like this.

I know this isn't your job to do, and I am incredibly appreciative of you taking the time to ask me these questions.

I mostly use Ableton these days (Abletons licensing and accounts are so simple that a baby could figure it out,) I only really use PT for mastering, but I'm currently trying to open some session files for a band I recorded a year ago.

I'm on lunch at work right now, and could probably answer about 30% of your questions, but I will wait until I get home and do a proper, thorough response to every question posed in your post.

Once again, I cannot thank you enough.

Will post soon.