Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 01-13-2009, 01:35 PM

Default The Matching Criteria List and Matching Playlists

Okay, so I'm having one hell of a time making sense of the whole Matching Takes protocol. To address but one issue at the moment, what's up with the "Within Selection" option in the Matching Criteria window for Matching Takes? The manual says it's for "any complete regions that are entirely within the Edit selection".

With that in mind, say I loop record four 5-second passes, then extend the edit selection of that 5-second range to 6 and made one recording of that, then one 7-second recording. In each case, the start time was the same. Only the endings moved further on.

Now, I would THINK that if I then selected that entire 7-second range and selected "Within Selection" in the criteria checklist (along with Track ID or Name, I tried both) I would get a list of all the files/regions I just recorded.

Instead, I get nothing.

Likewise, if I have the longest 7-second file currently in the track, and select it, and choose Matching Takes with both Track ID and Track Name selected, as well as the ALL button ("Any regions that include the time location of the Edit cursor; or any regions that are either partly or fully within the current time range of the Edit selection").....I still get nothing!

It seems only the Region Start button allows the other regions to ever show up. Is that right? And if so, what the? Shouldn't they show up with "Within Selection" as well?

Okay, that's my FIRST question. I'll post more depending on what the answer to THIS one reveals. I hope it's that I'm just being a big doofus and overlooking something painfully obvious, as is usually the case!

Thanks,
Eric