Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2011, 12:05 PM

Default Help with Sends and Busses please!!

Hi there, I am a newbie PT9 user from the UK and would appreciate some help on sends and busses.

PROBLEM: I want to send some tracks to an aux track to set up some reverb for the whole song. When I go to a track and choose Send A and then bus it should give me the option of choosing Bus 1-2, Bus 3-4 etc as far as I understand? What I'm getting though, after going Send A>bus is a list of things such as sub master (stereo), drums clean (stereo), plate (stereo), dly1 (stereo) etc. Is this right? I am closely following the start-up handbook to the letter but am having no luck with this.

Btw all tracks are midi instrument tracks with no audio tracks.

Can someone out there please help - are some of my settings wrong?
Old 09-07-2011, 12:59 PM

Default Re: Help with Sends and Busses please!!

The routing options PT presents to you are created, configured and named in the I/O Setup. By your description of things, I surmise that you started your work from a template (or someone else’ session file) which features pre-defined paths .

Just go to the I/O Setup and (re-) arrange things to suit your needs.

While you’re at it, spend some time reading the relevant chapter in the Reference Manual. The I/O Setup is a core facility within PT. A good and thorough understanding of its features will help you get the most out of your system.

IHTH.

We’ll fix it in the shrink-wrap. (Frank Zappa)

Old 09-07-2011, 03:54 PM

Default Re: Help with Sends and Busses please!!

You want the name of the bus you set your send to (ex. "Bus 1-2") to match the name on the input of the aux with the reverb plug. Don't just send a drum track to a bus named "Drum Track". The computer doesn't care what your busses are named. Name them for your convenience. Take Andre's advice and delve into the reference manual. Have fun!