Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 11-27-2018, 02:08 PM

Default Newbie on Pro Tools and Melodyne.. losing plug ins

Hi
First time poster here. I'll do my best to explain everything.
MacOS High Sierra ( nervous to go to Mohave) version 10.13.6 2.3 GHz i7 processor. Using Pro Tools 2018.10.0 Using Melodyne essential

Now my problem is that every time I use Melodyne I lose the option to input new plug ins or effects.
For example:
1. I added my tracks and i can see the option to input plug ins
2. I choose melodyne because I was told to use that first.
3. I make all my edits in the vocal track and then I go back to pro tools to continue.
4. Now here is where I have tried multiple options and none of them work. The first thing I tried was to commit the track. That did not let me add new plug ins. Then I tried to sent the track to an aux track and still no luck. This time i was not doing anything and was going to add the effects before i commit to anything.. again no luck.

What I get is an option to use recall inserts.. but I lose the option to add new inserts...

Anything you can do will be very appreciated! Can't wait to hear from the gods of Pro Tools!
Old 11-27-2018, 02:17 PM

Default Re: Newbie on Pro Tools and Melodyne.. losing plug ins

Hmmm, I can't think of any reason for this to happen. Maybe hit youtube and watch some videos on using Melodyne and see if you can find a flaw in your methods? Could it be a problem of mono vs stereo plugins? Can you upload a screen shot(this may not be allowed until you have more than a single post on the DUC)?

You should also go to the celemony.com site and see if they have any tutorials for the Essential version, in case it has some limitations that I'm not aware of(I run the full version here)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave