Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > RTAS & TDM Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2013, 11:41 AM

Default M-TRON PRO with Pro Tools 8 LE Mac?

Hi Everyone,
I'm sure this has probably been discussed already, but I couldn't find it. I was looking to purchase M-TRON PRO and I realized that the G-FORCE site listed the RTAS only working with PT9 and PT10. I am using PTLE 8.0.5 with Intel Mac. Is it the case that M-TRON Pro would not be compatible?
Thanks,
JR
Old 11-16-2013, 12:34 PM

Default Re: M-TRON PRO with Pro Tools 8 LE Mac?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwreinhardt View Post
Hi Everyone,
I'm sure this has probably been discussed already, but I couldn't find it. I was looking to purchase M-TRON PRO and I realized that the G-FORCE site listed the RTAS only working with PT9 and PT10. I am using PTLE 8.0.5 with Intel Mac. Is it the case that M-TRON Pro would not be compatible?
Thanks,
JR
Hey

Welcome to the forum

The M-Tron website probably don't list older PT versions but I would think that works on any software with rtas and au on Mac but you might wanna demo the plugin before. Some issues a while ago on Windows 7'with access violations and that was due to user error but not on Mac OSX as far as I have found.

Best
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————

Last edited by Southsidemusic; 11-16-2013 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Spelling like a blind person
Old 11-16-2013, 07:48 PM

Well,
Unfortunately, they do not offer a demo of M-TRON Pro, so I decided to buy it, but I am starting to question my purchase. I downloaded it and it works in stand alone mode, but I am not able to open it in Pro Tools. It shows up in my Pro Tools Plug In folder, but it does not show up in a session. So, I am thinking i might have made a bad choice unless I am over looking something. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Old 11-16-2013, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwreinhardt View Post
Well,
Unfortunately, they do not offer a demo of M-TRON Pro, so I decided to buy it, but I am starting to question my purchase. I downloaded it and it works in stand alone mode, but I am not able to open it in Pro Tools. It shows up in my Pro Tools Plug In folder, but it does not show up in a session. So, I am thinking i might have made a bad choice unless I am over looking something. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
I would do a preferences and plist delete and restart the computer and see if that works. We always do this after installing any plugin and let PT rescan all the plugin folders. It should say digidesign plist and also the preference folder so if you can do that and restart your system maybe that would help. Are you setting up an instrument track and choosing the correct type of track. i.e mono or stereo instrument track?
What exact PT version and drivers do you have? All updated and in order? Do you have any other problems with plugins or have had any plugins not show up before?

Best
Christopher

PS. Did you follow these steps ::

Download the following via My Instruments.
1. The installer applicable to your system, Mac or PC.
2. MTronProSounds.zip
3. Run the installer.
4. Un-zip the MTronProSounds.zip
5. Open the MTronProSounds folder and move the "M-Tron Pro Library" folder to a location on your system that suits you. This can be an external drive should you wish.
6. Launch M-Tron Pro as a standalone or within your host and locate the "M-Tron Pro Library" folder when asked.
7. Enter your serial number.
8. Load a Patch and play.

And these steps :: It says it works even on PT7

If you are using a GForce synth inserted on an Instrument Track or an Aux Track, you must do the following:

Make sure the I/O View option is checked in whatever window you are in (Edit or Mix) in Pro Tools.
In the I/O section of your Pro Tools track, assign the "audio input" of the track to an assignment on your audio interface. Now you can click the keys on the GForce user interface and they should depress.
Turn up the volume fader on the track. Instrument and Aux tracks in Pro Tools have their channel faders turned down to zero by default.

If you have inserted the GForce synth on an Aux Track or an Audio Track, you will also have to create a MIDI track, and in the I/O section set the output of the MIDI track to the GForce synth on the desired MIDI channel.

This is the info on the botton of the M-TRON Pro page

You can use the M-Tron Pro by itself or as a plug-in for most popular host applications including Live, Cubase, Logic, GarageBand, SONAR, Digital Performer, ACID and Pro Tools|HDฎ, Pro Tools LEฎ and Pro Tools M-Powered™ software

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 11-17-2013, 08:06 AM

Ok,
So I got it working and it sounds great. However, I am getting the "Increase Buffer Size" prompt every few minutes. I have increased buffer size, but it still seems to come up pretty often. I have a 2.4ghz, 4MB Ram, Macbook Pro with OS 10.6.8. With the session I am working with, I am only using 15% or so of my system usage. Any other sessions I have had, I have been able to use way more with Minimonsta, Vacuum, and Xpand. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Old 11-17-2013, 01:57 PM

Default M-TRON Pro Rendered Pro Tools 8 Useless :(

Hey Guys,
So I bought M-TRON Pro last night and the sounds are pretty great, but no matter what my settings are, it prompts me to increase buffer size every few seconds. Nonetheless, I can't bounce anything down that has M-Tron on it. Any session that does not have M-Tron, works beautifully. Depending on my settings, I am using anywhere from 15-25% of my CPU power on the sessions with M-Tron. I am using PTLE 8.0.5, 002r, Macbook Pro 2.4ghz, OS 10.6.8, 4MB RAM. Any advice would be great before I chock it up as a loss!
Thanks
Old 11-17-2013, 02:27 PM

Default Re: M-TRON Pro Rendered Pro Tools 8 Useless :(

Are the samples independent from the plug-in? If so, try moving them to a separate drive and relink them in the plug-in.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 11-17-2013, 03:31 PM

Hey Shane,
Thanks for the advice. The sounds are separate from the plug in, but I tried several different locations and it didn't seem to make a difference. A bit frustrating for sure!
Thanks,
Old 11-17-2013, 06:54 PM

Another suggestion is to use the most recent VST version and use it in one of the numerous host solutions like PatchWork, VEP, Metaplugin, MB-7, REAPER etc.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit