Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2002, 06:37 AM

Default Need users opinion: New digi users domain name (unofficial)..

Hey all, I am going to set up an official digi users site, that we will all be able to find information on Digidesign products. It will have reviews, a board (and links to this board), FAQs, setups, product reviews, etc...
However, what in a name? Everything!!! And I need to figure out what domain name to register.
I am asking you guys because, well you are the ones who will hopefully be going to the site. I am crossposting this to the bigger digi rooms, so I can make sure everyone gets their 2c in. Please, don't go and register the names that we mention here out of ideas of profit or spite. I am doing this out of my own pocket, for everyone here, not to make a buck- and if the name is registered, I am just moving on to another, not paying you 10 grand for it.

My ideas so far:
www.digi-users.com
www.digidesignusers.com
www.protoolsusers.com
www.protoolsunderground.com

You turn!!! The best liked name gets registered (hey, I might even get two and point them both there if there are a few good ideas.)

Thanks
Boston, Mass
Old 07-29-2002, 07:30 AM

Default Re: Need users opinion: New digi users domain name (unofficial)..

http://duc.digidesign.com/cgi-bin/ub...;f=32;t=008757

You can see what we have already said on the PTLE Windows Forum
Boston, Mass
Old 07-30-2002, 09:27 PM

Default Re: Need users opinion: New digi users domain name (unofficial)..

An interesting side-note --

A number of big companies have registered names that they would never use, but wanted to make sure no one else did either.

For example, names like "GESucks," "ATTsucks," etc.

You may be inviting Digi to register any names it sees that it doesn't quite like....

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

-M.M.M.