Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2018, 04:53 PM

Default Re: mouse causing massive cpu spikes

IMNSHO Dynamic plugin processing likely never actually helps and may occasionally cause problems. Just turn it off.
Old 12-09-2018, 05:03 PM

From the Sandra report:

laptop with dual graphics... make sure the discrete GPU is *always* enabled and all the laptop power management crud is turned off.

Hopefully that MyPassport drive is only for backup. It will be slowwww and unsuitable for audio or samples.
Old 12-10-2018, 08:25 AM

The dynamic plugin function works very well for me, as soon as i uncheck it i get a large increase in my cpu so I don't see the point in having it always off if it's not causing me any problems and benefiting me. I'll experiment with it. Are you saying it's a buggy process that protools does not implement correctly?

Yes the WD hhd is for back up only. The two t5's are for audio and samples. Power managment crud is all off. Minimum and maximum processer state is 100% No power saving for any hardware enabled. The nvidia gpu is always on when running protools.

Thanks
Old 12-10-2018, 09:12 AM

if it’s working for you then great. But “get a large increase in your CPU” as in the CPU meters move more is not that useful (just stop looking at CPU meters) vs. what actual changes in what you can run i.e. AAE CPU errors vs IO buffer sizes.

Giving the illusion of helping by lowering the CPU meters... that part is simple and it sure can do that.

Sounds like all you can do now is get with EW on these issues.