Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2015, 09:49 PM

Default Upgrade from PT9,10,11 to 12(answer found in earlier thread)

I found the answer in a early thread. Apparently I can't delete this thread.

https://www.avid.com/US/products/pro...ware#licensing
(upgrade from PT 9,10,11)
"Please note that with the release of Pro Tools 12, all subsequent Pro Tools upgrades will only be available through an Avid upgrade plan. An Avid upgrade plan is included with all Pro Tools software subscriptions, Pro Tools upgrades and crossgrades, and full version Pro Tools software purchases. The plan provides access to all future Pro Tools upgrades, as well as to our Customer Care team for help, for the duration of your plan. Active subscriptions always include access. For software owners (perpetual licenses), your new purchase, upgrade, or crossgrade comes with a one-year plan, which will need to be renewed annually for $199/year (Pro Tools) or $599/year (Pro Tools | HD) to continue receiving upgrades. Please note that some Pro Tools and Pro Tools | HD hardware purchases that include Pro Tools 12 software do not come with an annual Avid upgrade plan at this time, but you can purchase a plan above to stay current."

I understand that after one year if I don't renew my plan I won't get upgrades or support BUT I will still be able to USE the versions I have(PT10 and 12)?
Old 04-13-2015, 09:55 PM

Default Re: Upgrade from PT9,10,11 to 12 = perpetual license?

Yes
Old 04-13-2015, 10:02 PM

Default Re: Upgrade from PT9,10,11 to 12 = perpetual license?

Thank you, I jsut found a thread where this question had been asked and answered.