Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2003, 11:33 AM

Default Ilok Failure - Help please, Digi

Hi,
I've tried contacting Andy and Renato at Tech Support in the UK but they didn't reply to me today-it's now 8:30pm Friday evening in the UK so I don't expect they will, I emailed them this morning.

My ilok failed on me this morning when I powered up the system. It holds 4 Authorisation for McDsp and Bombfactory plugs. No lights, isn't recognised in System profiler. Open firmware reports: USB Set-Up Error 5C000000 82000 & 5C000000 82001.

I do have a second iLok which came with my HD2 and I have registered both iLoks on ilok.com.

How do I go about getting my first iLok repaired/replaced and my authorisations accessible to me asap - possibly transferred on to my second iLok???

I have emailed McDsp and Bomfactory as well but no reply as yet.

What a stressful day!!!

Thanks for any help.
Old 04-04-2003, 03:51 PM

Default Re: Ilok Failure - Help please, Digi

Bo-
I just went through the Ilok Failure.
Here's what to do-
A)Make sure the Ilok has failed by trying it on another system. Is the green light Lit? your initial post sounds like there may be a computer problem....
B)Once you have ensured that your Ilok has failed, go to Ilok.com and submit a RMA to PACE. PACE will contact you within a day via email, and will make a determination based on the info you provide that your Ilok needs replacement. You willthen have to provide them w/ a CC#, and then they will send you a replacement, with your auth's for whatever is on you Ilok.com account. Also i suggest contacting BF and McDSP. McDSP is awesome. they will contact you promptly. BF I have no personal experience with, but can be tougher. Just make sure that all your Registrations are in order. This will be a 3-5day period. If you need to be up sooner, then contact BF and McDSP and ask them to give you some Demo auths to get you through until the Ilok can be replaced.
-Todd A.
Old 04-05-2003, 01:26 AM

Todd,

Many thanks for the advice. Transpired it certainly is iLok failure. Have done what you advised and Pace have put the process in motion. Pace seemed OK to deal with - were very prompt.

I was feeling a bit ignored - Digi never responded here nor answered any emails (UK Tech Support). Funnily enough neither McDsp nor Bombfactory replied to my emails either - was it a holiday Stateside? You're right McDSP normally respond promptly, as have BF in the past.
Still a very stressful thing to go through. Now that I know the process however (ie contact PACE through ilok.com via a submitted RMA) it might not be quite so traumatic next time. (Here's hoping there won't be a next time though!!!).

Pace have said
Quote:
We have received your iLok RMA request and it has been determined that
your iLok will need to be replaced. As we have collected the necessary
information in order to provide you with this replacement the next step
for us is to hear back from the software developers whose authorizations
reside on your now faulty iLok. As soon as they all get back to us with
the authorization to send you a new iLok, we will ship one overnight or
priority international depending on your location. This will ensure the
quickest turnaround in providing you with a solution.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Sounds fair enough to me albeit a pita. Feeling a lot calmer today having dealt with Pace direct.

Would be good to have a 'Dummies Guide' to all the steps required to achieve this…???
Old 04-05-2003, 01:32 PM

Bo-check out my "Anyone have Ilok Failure" and "Ilok concern Thread" and add your input. I will be taking these to NAB to present to Digidesign.
-Todd A.