Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2002, 10:00 AM

Default PT FREEZE

Hi, I need help!!!
I´ve got Apple G4 733MHz and Digi001 with ProTools 5.1LE. It all just freezes every 33,5 minutes. I use separate hard drives for system, PT and audio files and everything is properly configured (at least I think so). I´ve tried to reinstall MacOS (9.1) several times and disable time extension function but nothing of these solves the problem. Any advice??? HELP HELP HELP!!! PLEASE!!! Thank you. Lumcas [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
Old 03-04-2002, 11:51 AM
Avid

Default Re: PT FREEZE

-Did you format before reinstalling the Mac OS? What utility did you use to format your system drive? You should use the Apple Drive Setup utility for all ATA drives in your system. If you didn't, backup and format the drive with this utility.

Additional suggestions:
-Rebuild the Desktop file. Hold down the Apple+Option keys while the extensions march across the bottom of the screen during boot-up. Hold the keys down until you get a window prompting you and then Click “OK”.

-I would suggest installing the Mac OS and Pro Tools software on the same drive/partition and use a separate drive for your audio and session data.

-Open the Extensions Manager Control Panel. From the selected set pop-up menu, select “OS 9.x base” click on “Duplicate Set" at the bottom of the window. Enable the following extensions and restart the computer:
-Digidesign Control Panel
-DigiSystem INIT
-Digidesign Direct I/O
-Digidesign DSP Manager
-Digidesign Stream Manager
-Open Music System
-USB Floppy Enabler

If problems persist, what do you mean when you say:
...and disable time extension function...

Brent
Old 03-06-2002, 03:54 PM

Thanks Brent for your suggestions. I´ve tried several things and now everything seems to work properly. I really don´t know what was the trick. I´ve got one more question. You´re saying that I should format my HD. I´ve never done that, just used initialize utility in Mac OS. Does it make any difference? Which program should I use? Thank you. Lumcas
Old 03-07-2002, 08:13 AM
Avid

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by lumcas:
You´re saying that I should format my HD. I´ve never done that, just used initialize utility in Mac OS. Does it make any difference? Which program should I use?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

-Since everything is working once again, I would not suggest any more tweaking of your system.

When it comes to formatting, however, use the Apple Drive Setup for your ATA drives...this software is located in the "Utilities" folder on your hard drive ( or Mac OS CD-ROM)...from your previous post, it is possible you did in fact use this utility after all.

Brent