How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2015, 11:14 AM

Default Dragging Back a Bar Zero

Hi Guys,

Please bear with me as I realise this may have come up in other threads.... I'm a bit of a newbie to ProTools and so I'm having some of the usual teething troubles using a new DAW (although this fantastic Community has already helped me out countless times!!).

I'm trying to drag back a bar zero (i.e. remove the empty bars that can be created before song start by dragging the red triangle to the right), but when I do this only the MIDI files move to the new start location. All the audio files remain in the same place.

I'm sure there must be a quick fix or setting for this. Any help would be very gratefully received!
Old 02-22-2015, 01:25 PM

Default Re: Dragging Back a Bar Zero

Your friends are...

Event>Time Operations>Move Song Start
Event>Time Operations>Insert Time
Event>Time Operations>Cut Time

The Pro Tools Reference Guide will explain those in detail. The PDF is installed on your computer with Pro Tools and available online.
Old 02-22-2015, 01:29 PM

Default Re: Dragging Back a Bar Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79imp View Post
Hi Guys,

Please bear with me as I realise this may have come up in other threads.... I'm a bit of a newbie to ProTools and so I'm having some of the usual teething troubles using a new DAW (although this fantastic Community has already helped me out countless times!!).

I'm trying to drag back a bar zero (i.e. remove the empty bars that can be created before song start by dragging the red triangle to the right), but when I do this only the MIDI files move to the new start location. All the audio files remain in the same place.

I'm sure there must be a quick fix or setting for this. Any help would be very gratefully received!
Make sure your audio tracks are "Ticks" and not set to "samples". It is located next to the automation mode selector.

Macbook Pro, 2019 (15,1) Mac OS 13.6.6 Ventura,32 Gigs Ram,2.3 GHz I9 8 Core ProTools Ultimate 2024.3.1, Apollo 8 Silver,TwinX.
Old 06-04-2015, 02:12 PM

Thanks both... especially ZEUSS.... your tip has worked a treat and I'd probably be 85 and 7 months old before I'd found that out myself. Nice one mate thank you!