How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 06-24-2013, 06:51 AM

Default Re: Track Preset hack - PT11 edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjohn View Post
Thanks for the tip! After creating the Track Presets folder and before adding any presets I noticed that in myusername/Documents/Pro Tools there is a folder called Track Presets. So I put them in there and it worked!

Don't know if that folder was there before though as I hadn't looked. If it is there by default then that would seem easier than opening up the package and messing with that.

John
+1 This is how I did it.

username/Documents/Pro Tools/Track Presets. Done and done.

Then use Hazel to auto-copy Track Presets folder to Dropbox for sync between PT rigs. :P

"I survived the Great Launch Predicaments of PT11 2013."
Old 06-24-2013, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjohn View Post
Thanks for the tip! After creating the Track Presets folder and before adding any presets I noticed that in myusername/Documents/Pro Tools there is a folder called Track Presets. So I put them in there and it worked!

Don't know if that folder was there before though as I hadn't looked. If it is there by default then that would seem easier than opening up the package and messing with that.

John
Thanks for the heads-up on the folder - I never knew it was there. The PT 11 installer isn't all that clear on where it's putting things. And it's in a totally different spot than where PT10 puts the same stuff - which is in the main Applications folder.

QAPLA!
Old 12-24-2013, 03:29 PM

Hey there,

Pro Tools Hack is still not working.

I did it the PT 10 way and it works fine. Now I've copied the "Track Presets" Folder to Documents/Protools --> doesn't work in PT11. Then I copied it to applications/protools/contents/shared support/factory content --> still doesn't work. I even recreated the hole "track presets" folder from PT11, meaning i've created new templates within 11. The open new track dialogue only shows the original track possibilities.

Help please! I really need this hack function
Old 12-24-2013, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR92 View Post
Hey there,

I did it the PT 10 way and it works fine. Now I've copied the "Track Presets" Folder to Documents/Protools --> doesn't work in PT11. Then I copied it to applications/protools/contents/shared support/factory content --> still doesn't work. I even recreated the hole "track presets" folder from PT11, meaning i've created new templates within 11. The open new track dialogue only shows the original track possibilities.

Works just fine here on the system in my sig file. You need to follow the exact path as outlined in post 10 of this thread. Granted it's a different location than PT10 but it works.

QAPLA!
Old 12-25-2013, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Hey there,

This took me a minute to figure out as well. You need to set the "library path" to this folder in PT preferences (the Pro Tools folder in documents). I'm not in front of my system so I can't say exactly where this setting is, but its in one of the preference panes. I guess you could assume that the hack would work wherever this folder is set to but I have not tested other locations. I think for most setups this path gets set automatically... but for some reason it was not on my system and I assume the same is true for you.
Old 12-25-2013, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by studioj11 View Post
This took me a minute to figure out as well. You need to set the "library path" to this folder in PT preferences (the Pro Tools folder in documents). I'm not in front of my system so I can't say exactly where this setting is, but its in one of the preference panes. I guess you could assume that the hack would work wherever this folder is set to but I have not tested other locations. I think for most setups this path gets set automatically... but for some reason it was not on my system and I assume the same is true for you.
I didn't have to set any library path in either version of PT nor did anyone else.

QAPLA!
Old 12-25-2013, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Hey there,

Quote:
PS its under the operation tab of prefs in the bottom left. This was set incorrectly on my installation and setting it to the user/Documents/Pro Tools folder enabled the track preset hack to work on my system.
Old 01-05-2014, 06:16 PM

Quote:
PS its under the operation tab of prefs in the bottom left. This was set incorrectly on my installation and setting it to the user/Documents/Pro Tools folder enabled the track preset hack to work on my system.
Oh my god this solved 3 problems at once! My library path was already "documents" --> "pro tools", so I changed it to "programs" (or application, mine's in german though, i mean the folder with all your applications installed) --> "avid" --> "pro tools"

so now the track hack works, i now can actually import I/O settings and finally i'm able to "create blank session from template"

…feels like x-mas...
Old 11-10-2014, 08:27 PM

just implemented this function. nothing showed up in my "track creating dialogue window" until i followed the advice to create sub folders in my track presets folder. with this instruction followed i am golden PT 11...thanks again to those responsible.
Radeon Hd 7770
Corsair Vengeance 16 gigs DDR3 RAM UA Solo 610 and a few nice mics
Old 02-07-2016, 02:53 PM

Does this work with 12.4?